Left at home

scotchguy

Cadet
While cleaning out the garage two weekends ago, I pulled all the tools off the truck and boat for a good cleaning. On my way to the lake yesterday (4:30am)a tire blows on the trailer. No problem, I've got a spare aired up and ready to go. Problem, no lug wrench for the trailer tires, it's at home all shiney and clean. Well at least I have my socket set on the boat, maybe I can find one that fits. Nope, all the boat tools are at home safe and dry. OK, no biggie, I'll just get my GPS unit out to find the closest wally world and buy a lug wrench. Left the GPS at home, heck I know where the lake is. Two hours later tire is changed and I am on my way. A very windy day at the lake and I decide to head in after a couple of hours. Right before heading back I foul a spark plug on the motor. Where are my spare plugs? You guessed it, in the garage. Not being prepared for the unexpected is ignorant. Being prepared and leaving everything at home is just throwing Darwin a curve ball. Just to make sure I got the point, my second tire on the trailer blew about 15 miles from home. OK, I GET IT.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Left at home

LOL @ Frogger and scotchguy. You gotta dig really deep into the archives to find a quote from Fred Sanford . . . :D

brother chris

Commander

Wow, what a series of unfortunate events for you scotchguy. <br />That'll teach ya for shining your tools! You gotta leave em dirty, so you don't ever forget them.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

If experiance has taught me anything about boating, that wasnt a bad day, just an event filled one. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Like Reel Poor said, out and back with nothing dinged but your pride, is classified as another successful outing in my book. :D Oh ya, and a lesson to be learned from. ;) :p

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Happens to the best of us... It is a good reminder for everyone to be prepared.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Come to think of it, I always say we had a good trip if nobody got hurt . . . ;)

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

scotchguy,<br />Like the saying goes "when it rain, it pours!" or was it a classic Murphy's law. :D :D