LED

BIGGBORE

Cadet
AHOY!! I would like to change all power consumming bulbs to leds, is there any drawbacks Please advise!! SEAYA!!.. :p

jlinder

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: LED

I put some amber LED trailer clearance lights in the boat for lighting. Mounted them on the sides so they were hidden and lit up the deck.<br /><br />Real nice look, and I can leave them on all night and not drain the battery.<br /><br />Drawback - just what crab bait said, cost.

18rabbit

Captain

Welcome aboard, Bigbore.<br /><br />Ditto Crab Bait, price is the only drawback, except for the white LED’s if used as a primary light source in a living area such as a cabin. The white has a slight bluish hue that makes for a harsh light that some people find irritating. No problem with white for flashlights, nav lights etc. The red LEDs are excellent to light up the helm for night-light.<br /><br />Ditto Jack L, too. In most applications they look really nice and are very flexible as far as installation, available light color, and durability.

nickpokorny

Cadet

i put a couple led in the gunnels in my boat for courticy lights and other then the cost there perfect

BIGGBORE

Cadet

Ahoy !! 10 pigtails of 12mm LEDS & holders 21.47 & that is with shipping!! So stay away from white in cabin gotcha !! Arr this place is so cool THANKS!! SEAYA!! :p

Dexloy

Seaman

do you have a link to buy them? I am looking at adding some too.

jlinder

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The gunnels is where I put the amber trailer clearance lights. Nice indirect glow, and amber is better than white for night vision.<br /><br />Bibbore - second the link to where you bought the LEDs. Also the part number if you have it.

BIGGBORE

Cadet

Don't forget to ask for complete units (pigtails/resistor) not just the LED"S AND holders SEAYA!! :p

gewf631

Chief Petty Officer

I think the referral is the same guy that has an <br /> eBay store <br /><br />Might be easier to start there, at least you'll narrow your search down a little.