Leaving negative feedback on e-bay?

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer
I just received a CD player for my truck yesterday that I bought on e-bay that was not as advertised. The unit is pretty beat up and clearly does not match the picture posted by the seller. It also took 3 weeks to arive and I had to send a PO money order (he did not accept paypal). I wouldn't have paid $100 for this radio had I known it's actual condition.<br /><br />I just don't want to receive negative feedback myself (I don't have a lot of feedback yet) so I guess I'll just let it go. I'm just kinda bummed I guess. Buyer Beware right?<br /><br />What do you guys think?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Leaving negative feedback on e-bay?

I have had a few cases when I was tempted to leave negative feedback, BRG.<br /><br />However, after I gave the vendor/seller a chance to satisfy me I ended up leaving positive feedback. In one case the guy took the stuff back, in another case an item was replaced and in a third case we negotiated a modified deal.<br /><br />He doesn't want negative feedback any more than you do. Contact him and negotiate a fair-to-all solution.

Baldguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Did you email or speak to the seller stating that the unit is not what was described and that you're unsatisfied?<br /><br />If not, I'd recommend doing that first. If he does not respond or does not offer to make any type of refund, then I'd leave the negative feedback stating only the facts.

ndemge

Commander

Contact the seller before leaving negative. You may find that he is appologetic and offers a refund, or partial refund to satisfy you. I have received lots of defective stuff on ebay, but when the seller makes good, that's a DOUBLE A+ in My book!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It depends on how many feedbacks he has too. If he appears to be a somewhat normal seller get on the phone with him. If he is a big seller it probably will not hurt him.<br /><br />You have time to act so take the time and do it right.<br /><br />Bob

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer

No I haven't sent an e-mail yet. I wouldn't leave negative feedback without doing that first. You guys are correct. I'll let you know.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Brian