Leak, can't find

damielke

Cadet
I have a small leak in one of the tubes. I have replaced the valves. I have used the water and soap trick and cannot find it after hours of searching. It will hold air for about 2 days. Has any body ever tried the smoke in a can test? I am sure it is an easy fix once I fid it. Any suggestions is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

airshot

Rear Admiral
Add more liquid soap into the water to get it thicker, most folks use to little soap and don't see the bubbles. With enough soap, a tiny hole will make really big bubbles!! You will need to overinflate it to make bubbles!

damielke

Cadet
Add more liquid soap into the water to get it thicker, most folks use to little soap and don't see the bubbles. With enough soap, a tiny hole will make really big bubbles!! You will need to overinflate it to make bubbles!
Thank you so much! I will try that.

Chief Petty Officer
Do what Airshot mentioned and make the soap mix more concentrated.

What I do is use an empty bathroom foamer bottle, make a strong mix, and it will literally shoot froth . Coat the entire boat in foam until it's all white, then use your hand to move it around until you see new bubbles forming.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Do what Airshot mentioned and make the soap mix more concentrated.

What I do is use an empty bathroom foamer bottle, make a strong mix, and it will literally shoot froth . Coat the entire boat in foam until it's all white, then use your hand to move it around until you see new bubbles forming.
Yes...I have had better sucess with using my hands to move the soap around, rather than using a brush.