LD: Wedding... 57 Chev.

eeboater

Commander
I didn't want to HiJack Mark's thread completely... so I'll respond here <br /><br />
Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> Eboater,:<br /><br />Nice car, Did you marry her for her car, or is it yours?
Hmm... no comment. :D Just kidding, its niether of our's car. There's actually an interesting story behind it. The wedding was funded by the inlaws. It's not that I'm ungrateful for it, I am GLAD we didn't start our lives together in complete and utter DEBT. But the result of said investors was the constant influence of the Mother in law (MIL). <br /><br />Well, the MIL insisted that we have a limo of some sorts. Two reasons, one, FLASHY!!! A stetched Hummer really draws attention. Two, she wanted the WHOLE wedding party to arrive at the reception at the same time.<br /><br />Well, being male, I had few responsibilities. <br /><br />1. Pick the tuxes.<br />2. Taste the food (with LIMITED input from me)<br />3. Choose the method in which we left the church. <br /><br />Originally I was going LIMO all the way, but my friends parents have always had their '57 Chevy that I thought was cool. Well, my friend is one of the groomsmen and his mom played the organ/piano at the wedding. Why not use their car?! Actually its pretty neat, they got their picture around the EXACT same 57 when they got married. So, BoatChick and I got the wedding party to do pretty much the same pose (with our "modern changes" to the picture) framed, and gave it to my friends parents. They loved it.<br /><br />Plus, it was SO much cooler when we were sitting at a stoplight and a bunch of Harleys pulled up next to us... My friend got into an engine revving contest with them. Yeah, dorky, but its a memory I will NEVER forget.<br /><br />Sean<br /><br />
1393918-108-0877_IMG.jpg
<br /><br />
1393920-DCP02569.jpg
<br /><br />
1393921-DCP02571.jpg

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: LD: Wedding... 57 Chev.

Looks like you had a great wedding, I dont know, the stretched Hummer Idea would have been pretty cool, I saw one the other day.<br /><br /> I had this car it when I got married for the first time, sorry about the pictures, best one I have here at work right now. This was my heart and soul, 1968, 427, 425 HP 4 SP. I bought it when I was in the service, it took everything I made to keep it. Funny where your priorities are at 21 years old. :eek: <br /><br />
MyCorvette.jpg

Kiwi Phil

Commander
Re: LD: Wedding... 57 Chev.

You guys want to see a '57, and maybe a '55 ?<br />When I get organised I'll flash up a couple of my brothers.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip