Lazy Theif (I hate getting robbed)

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
I would have posted this under the Stupid Human tricks but it wasn't while boating or fishing. <br /><br />I cut my lawn today and noticed that of the 2 bicycles that were on the side of my house a day or two ago, only one was left. After checking the back yard to make sure I didn't put it there and forget, I told the wife we got robbed of a bike. We were both suprised and I was pretty pissed. Went out to my parents house 1/2 a mile away, and told them what happened. <br /><br />So now I'm on the way back to my house, and I'm going to stop in to the police station to file a report about it. As I'm coming up to the turn at the end of my street, I see a bike on the front lawn of a new construction house not yet occupied. Sure enough as I got closer the wife says "that's your bike". <br /><br />I guess, lucky for me, it had 2 flat tires and the little punk $h!t that took it got tired of pushing it and left it at the end of my street. I want to leave it back out there on the side yard again as bait and try to catch the little ba$tard but I'd probably just get in trouble.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lazy Theif (I hate getting robbed)

Maybe he was just taking it to get the tires fixed for you. :)

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Damn crooks.<br />I had a couple of bikes locked up in the back yard and someone came in and took off the front tire removed the speedometer then replaced the tire. I was actually riding the bike and noticed the speedometer was gone. They had to take the tire off to get it. weird.

crab bait

Captain

the theif should levy a lawsuit against you for not havin' good tires ..

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, your lucky the perp, errrrrrrrr, person did not get hurt because of defective tires.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

You know, you guys are right. That's sad. Seriously, if he (or to be fair she) fell because of the flat tires, mommy or daddy would probably sue me for leaving such a dangerous bike so easily accessible on my property. Very Sad. <br /><br />I'm saying mommy and daddy because I think it was a younger kid, lots of them around here especially with this holiday weekend.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Must have been a son or daughter of a liberal!!! No conservative would allow their child to steal!!!! ;) :cool:

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by flyrod:<br /> :) Must have been a son or daughter of a liberal!!! No conservative would allow their child to steal!!!! ;) :cool:
Right on! .... mine would have known better.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />They would have made sure the tires were good! :D

brother chris

Commander

I am glad to hear that you got your bike back. Flat tires or not. <br />Do not ever use that bike again! <br />Take the existing seat and put some tacks on the seat, use black duct tape to cover the tacks and leave it there for the next idiot thief. :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

[SELF EDIT] ....<br /><br /><br />its just not humane by any means :D

ZmOz

Captain

Leave it back out there...get a camera...and wait inside with a baseball bat. I used to live next to a school, and I had a pond up against the chain link fence that seperated my yard from the school. Some little s**ts kept vandalizing it and filling it full of garbage every day - they eventually put a hole in the $300 liner and broke some expensive flat rocks. I set up a camera and waited for them to do it again one day, sure enough, there they were. I waited for them to incriminate themselves, then I went out and started screaming at them and running towards them with a bat. I'm sure they both had to go home and change their underwear. The next day I went to the school's principal with the video, he identified the assholes and gave me their names/addresses to refer to the police. :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

A few years ago I had two take offs that I didn't want, in fair shape. I put them at the curb with a FOR SALE sign, and sure enough someone took them the first night. Saved me a disposal fee. Hoosiers!?