Lawmaker's Son Charged in Tire-Slashing

Twidget

Commander
Tire slashing story <br /><br />
Rick Wiley, state GOP executive director, discovered the vandalism on the morning of Election Day.<br /><br />"It was unbelievable that people could stoop this low in a political campaign," he said. "I figured it had to be someone from the opposition. But I didn't think someone on the paid Kerry campaign would do this."
Sorta makes you wonder.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: Lawmaker's Son Charged in Tire-Slashing

Just saw it on the tube....My take? The beginning of the end...(and we need a new "Tea" party)

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send them to Iraq!<br />Ross

Tyme2fish

Commander

Typical liberal kids doing what Daddy wants

eeboater

Commander

Local conservatives have been complaining about this for hmm... 3 months? Finally DA Michael McCann got off his lazy ARSE and did something semi-non partisan. We think that these two will walk away with a slight slap on the wrist. <br /><br />I think they should get the 3 years they deserve.<br /><br />Sean

Twidget

Commander

I think they should get the 3 years they deserve.<br />
Nope, wont happen. They are 'first time offenders', from 'good families', Im sure. My bet, given who the parents are, it will be deferred.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

It's the growing mentality among Democrats that Republicans are the evil enemy and not just the political opposition. <br /><br />Once you believe that someone is evil and your enemy, it justifies attacks against them.<br /><br />Just watch... sooner or later they will kill a Republican. And then they won't understand why they are being arrested. <br /><br />Mark

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

How old are these kids? I could maybe understand if they are younger than 18, just a bunch of stupid kids soing what they they thought would be funny.<br /><br />But for older kids, really stooping to the lowest of the low here.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Democratic Party of Wisconsin spokesman Seth Boffeli said the five were paid employees of Kerry's campaign, but were not acting on behalf of the campaign or party.
I don't see how the campaign can escape liability here given the employee/employer relationship. They can claim they were off the clock, working on their own, whatever, I still think their employer (the Kerry campaign) is on the hook. Of course the individuals are still responsible for their crimes.<br /><br />And, Ken, doesn't sound like they were juveniles, or even "kids" at all. Rep. Moore is 54 years old & her youngest son is at least 18 (her press kit says that she had all 3 of her kids by 1986). Since the other defendants were mentioned by name we can assume they are all adults.<br /><br />Jail time or no, they're looking at having felony convictions on their records unless Mom is able & willing to bring a lot of pressure down on the DA. Either way something like this could be fatal to her political career.

eeboater

Commander

I agree. <br /><br /><br />Funny, if they do something BAD, "we don't want to have anythign to do with em." <br /><br /><br />If they do something good "look at our great democratic employees!!"<br /><br /><br />Sean

Twidget

Commander

To steal one of the Dems favorite expressions, is this Tiregate? :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Should be charged with a federal election tampering crime, not the damage to property charge.

aspeck

Staff member

Wasn't this a HATE crime? Don't stiffer penalties come into play for hate crimes? Just a thought.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> is this Tiregate? :)
41.gif
24.gif
<br /><br /><br />Sean

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Fry em! Don't matter what politics was involved. They infringed on voters, not a party! That is worth the max penalty for any and all they can dig up that applies, times the number of voters affected.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> Fry em! Don't matter what politics was involved. They infringed on voters, not a party! That is worth the max penalty for any and all they can dig up that applies, times the number of voters affected.
You sure you don't want to examine what made them do it, WBW??? :p