launch on hold

tommy c

Cadet
Hi Guy's<br />I have a 79 Searay with a 260merc and #1 outdrive,went to launch it Saturday and started taking on water in the bilge,put her back on the trailer and had the tech at the marina look at it.Yep,need all new bellows.He recommended that while it's all apart to replace u-joints,shift cable,new shift cable bushing,the qoute of 1,200.00 included 7 hrs labour to perform all these things,keep in mind this is in Canadian money.Are they on par with this or way too high,any feedback would be apreciated, Thanks Tom

orion208

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: launch on hold

Hey thats not a bad quote.I need simular work done and am in Hamilton,where did you take her?

Bondo

Staff member

I Agree with your Mechanic..............<br />If you don't like the Price, you can shop around......<br />But,<br />I'd get All the Work he quoted, Done............

tommy c

Cadet

Thanks for the reply guy's,i guess it is a reasnable price.I gave them the go ahead,Starbaby i'm from Hamilton also but my boat is now up at my marina and there doing the work i can give you the name of someone in the Oakville area who will do it for you if you like.