Last One Before The White

gonfishn

Commander
Will be headn to up State New York on Monday to do some fishn with MellowYellow before the great white desends on us....Will hit the Niagra for some Gators then to Lake Ontario for some Salmon and Trout<br /><br />I have never fished for the last two and am looking forward to having a chance to catch some fins I have never caught..<br /><br />Its been a great year..<br /><br />Spinner..Although we Didn't hook up this year I am hoping that we will have a get together next year at Green River..It will be closer for the both of us..<br /><br />BubbaKat..Thanks for inviting me down for some fishing in Tenn..Next time I will wear my head bumpers to protect me from those door frames that are under 6'..Had a great time but if we do this again I will bring my own milk jugs just in Case :D <br /><br />Eurolarva,Neaumans,Muskyone,and the three amigos met at the Homestead in Minn...Although the fishing wasn't great the Camp fires at night made it complete..I see more Monkey bread will be needed next year..Hope to add Barlow to the group next year and anyone else who wants to come.<br />Watching Muskyone catch that Blue Heron on a top water will make for some great stories around the fire..<br /><br />MellowYellow,BrianFd and his lovely wife at Saltfork in Ohio..BF..is your wife still painting her Nails Red when you are boating..Please tell her that muskys are only attracted to red toe nails during certain times of the Year..Just have her chack the dnr sites out to see if the gator is on the lake that you visit<br />My..Between us battling the Killer Tree and your swan dive into two foot of water to save your pole made for another great time.<br /><br />To iboats a special thanx..Without this site many of us would have never met.. Health willing Lets do this again next year...I will bring the entertainment for sure.. :D

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Last One Before The White

gonfishn...<br /><br />You have reminded us all that it's the simple things of life we look back and treasure. Thanks for sharing that.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

musky, you make it sound sooo sadddd. It sounds like you had a FULL season. But it's not over. BTW, What's with the "gator"? ..sl

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's what GF calls Esox Masquinongy, Steve.<br /><br />Musky or muskie to the rest of us. :)

gonfishn

Commander

lol steve n carol..Musky=Gator,Warrior,Esox..Many here know of my addiction in pursuing this mighty predator..<br />Face looks like a gator and thats why I call her that..<br /><br />Wife is always commenting on my affair with the other her(Musky)..She wishes I would chase her around like I do the warrior.. :D

bubbakat

Captain

Musky here in sept and november, jeff. No freeze out here. Come on down for some winter fishing. I have a cycle helment you can use. :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by gonfishn:<br /> Wife is always commenting on my affair with the other her(Musky)..She wishes I would chase her around like I do the warrior.. :D
Think she would wear the lure????<br /><br /> :D :D :D

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Never fished musky, never seen one. BUT! I have been looking at some cool stories and one in particular about a native american, an indian out of minnisota. Seems that this guy has the standing musky record. Caught this in the '50's. I think it was around 67 lbs and 60" long. There is a picture of the 2 taken in front of the lodge. Quite a story to go with it as well.<br /><br />Now his wife was very interested in this fish. She being 8 months pregnant, goes out onto the lake in another boat, one that has come back in several times for 1) a net, 2) a gaff, 3) a larger net. When they get back to her husband, she climbs into his little boat. The big fish is landed and SHE SITS ON IT! This things is a floppin' around and wantin' out. Great story.<br />Q) are these good eating?...sl

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

well GF, looks like perfect timing :D bluebird<br />skies and mid 70's in forcast. a few cold nights<br />in 40's have water temps lowered to mid 60's,<br />and on top of all that, the salmon are starting<br />to come shallow into about 40-60' of water!<br />MY pumped!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

May the Esox Gods be kind to you both!! <br /><br />GF - I wish a #30+ Chinook to grace your hook!! as well as many 15-20# Rainbows!! FANTASTIC!!!<br /><br />I'm already plannin' on Leech Lake. Sounds like good memories in the making! <br /><br />Again- good luck on your outings fellas ...but, I can't wait for the 'fishing follies' report! :p :D <br /><br />Be safe and don't fear the Reaper :D

gonfishn

Commander

Did I see are the ......good eatn...Never ever partake of the warrior or evil will befall you...Hair will fall out and bad luck will follow you any time you go out after any fin..Your pole will go limp and nothing will work until the curse is lifted..<br /><br />lol at KaGee... Although she does look forward to the times I spend money on my addiction..We have agreement that what I spend she also gets to spend on whatever she wants...She has hit me for over 700$ on my plastic this year..Not counting this trip I am about to go on..Btw just saw where your from..My roots are in southern Ohio..Its where the flower gardens in the front yard stops and the beat up junkers takes the place on the the front yard..<br /><br />Its all BubbaKats fault...It started on that first trip with him...<br /><br />MY..Great to hear..I have narrowed my choice of lures to about 100..The duck as usual will have the place of honor.. :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

this could be us GF... ;) <br />
01.jpg

bubbakat

Captain

Gonfishn said<br />
Its all BubbaKats fault...It started on that first trip with him...
Hey I didn't have nothing with that old sea witch saying anything about eating the warrior :D :D <br /><br /><br /> BTW it is spelled ( BUBBACAT) :D :D

PW2

Commander

I think it might be a little late for Lake Ontario salmon this year--they should be getting a little dark and heading into the rivers right about now.<br /><br />For the record, it has been a very good year for Lake Huron and St Mary's river salmon--they have been just a little smaller this year on average, but there has been a lot of them. I've got them up to 18 lbs this year, and a ton of them in the 8 to 14 lb range--but it is almost over now.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

howdy plywoody,<br />we are putting out at mouth of oak orchard river/<br />point breeze so hopefully they will be on their<br />way in to that trib. only catching a few in river<br />so far, but should start running hard real soon...<br />we'll be out there today running some J-plugs.