Larson SEi 180 Ski Fish O/B ?? better choice?

Kachadurian

Seaman Apprentice
I've been seriously considering several boats and right now I''m leaning toward the Larson SEi 180 Ski Fish O/B with a 115 HP BRD e-Tec. I'm sure I want an outboard and there just aren't that many option out there.

I like the Larson because when you aren't fishing the seats can be stowed easily and it's more like a plush boat than one of the aluminum fish/ski boats.

But, I don't know anyone with a Larson that's less than 20 years old. How is the quality of today's Larson boats. The finish seems good, but how will it wear.

Is there another brand of boat I should consider in the 17-18' class that will take an outboard?

thanks for any ideas

Tom

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Larson SEi 180 Ski Fish O/B ?? better choice?

Slim pickins for OB fiberglass bowriders. You might also look at Glastron and Starcraft. Otherwise, about all there is are the fishy brands, Nitro, Sea Fox, Sea Hunt, Seaswirl, Skeeter, etc.

Kelly Cook

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

larson has always had a great reputation, doubt the would chance it with a bad boat. 115 etec should be a great combo.

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have had a Larson LXi 208 for about 4 weeks now. I love it. We have had no problems with it at all and have used it on Sat & Sun since we got it. Also take a look at Glastron. Genmar owns Larson, Glastron, Four Winns, and a few others.

Kachadurian

Seaman Apprentice

It looks like the Glastron GXL 180 Ski Fish is a very similar boat to the Larson, and certainly one I will have to consider. Which raises the question Larson or Glastron? They are both VEC hulls, both very similar layout, but the Glastron seems a bit high end in terms of features.

Anyone have a comparison between the two boats or boat makers?

Thanks for a great resource.

Tom

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

The entry level Glastron and Larson boats are very similar. Built in the same plant. In the more expensive models there are differences in design and appointments. But for the entry level boats you may want to make your local dealer a major factor in your selection.

Kelly