Larson folk, need your input!

mikey.himself

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've found another boat that i like. i want to upgrade from my current 250 fiesta vee 28, 8'6'' beam, its too small for our family. The boat in question is a 1996 Larson 310 Cabrio with twin 5.7L Bravo III (Twin prop) 625 hours, that you would swear looked like a 2003 for $46,900 in canadian. We are hoping to go look at it in a week or so. I have a few questions about Larson. I have never heard much about them. Do they build good cruisers? I realize the quality will not be like a cruiser yachts, or marquis, but i want something that has some background behind it. This looks like a good deal. I was told this boat could be had for about $34,000 give or take (by a boat guru i know personally), not from the dealer. is this realistic? It's at a dealer. nada.com price guides have been fairly reasonable estimators in my opinion, and it shows 32,XXX low to 37,XXX high retail. Also, Larson claims to have a lifetime hull structural warranty. Is this transferable? Would a 1996 larson have this?

Thanks a bunch,
Mikey

mikey.himself

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Larson folk, need your input!

I guess I should mention some of the toys:

GPS Chartplotter
Raymarine Depth finder
Hot/cold water (water heater)
Microwave
Fridge
Stove
TV
Stereo
Basic 6 sleeper
Aft cabin
Electric full stand up head
Windlass
Full canopy
Radar fin
Bravo III twin prop
Swim platform
Snap in carpets
Wet bar
Shore power
625 hours
dealer maintained...
trim tabs with trim indicator
VHF
pressurized water system
Kitchenette
Anchor lights
Etc. . . .

Larson 208 LXI

Recruit

I can tell you that the new 310 is the fastest in its class. Totally awesome with two 5.7GXI DP's

Have no clue about the old 310 though.

blouderback

Petty Officer 1st Class

Larson has an excellent background. They are celebrating their 95th anniversary this year. They are owned by Genmar, which also owns Fourwinns, Glastron, Carver Yachts, Marquis, Triumph, and Ranger, to name a few.

Larson is not going to be top of the line, but I think they provide a good product at a good price.

Make sure to get a survey done, do not take the word of the dealer.

Good luck!

mikey.himself

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Larson has an excellent background. They are celebrating their 95th anniversary this year. They are owned by Genmar, which also owns Fourwinns, Glastron, Carver Yachts, Marquis, Triumph, and Ranger, to name a few.

Larson is not going to be top of the line, but I think they provide a good product at a good price.

Make sure to get a survey done, do not take the word of the dealer.

Good luck!

thanks! this is the kind of info I find useful. Had no idea Genmer owned those companies.

mikey.himself

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Now, in regards to it's price of $46,900.... What do you think about that? is that high?

MyIsla

Recruit

How did you make out with the Larson? I may have seen the same boat.