lakes in northern C.A.?

atticus3600s

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi guys!<br />Does anyone know of any bass fishing lakes within two hours drive of the San Jose California area. I have been trying to find some good places to fish close(r) to home. I've been to some southern C.A lakes <br />(Casitas, Castaic) and the fishing was great. If you know of any bass lakes close to my area, it would be great if you could let me know their location. Thanks.

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: lakes in northern C.A.?

Im up here in Oregon on the coast, but I lived in San Francisco for a period of time.<br /><br />I know there is Lake Berryesa, Clear lake farther North, then there is Shasta and Trinity which are suppose to be good Bass lakes farther north yet.

Skinnywater

Commander

Your really missing out if you don't try Clear Lake. It's west of Williams on hiway 20.<br /><br />After that, get back in touch and I'll tell you about Shasta.

tylerin

Commander

Just went to Shasta for a week this summer as always and Clear lake is good as well. Pine Flatts, Bass lake. For Bass in Ca. nothing is better than Castaic, it has 5 or so of 10 of the largest recorded Bass in the states. Have you fished the Delta?

Darrendude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try Lake Naciemento Its right out of Paso Robles , thats a couple hrs south of you . When full, it has 165 miles of shoreline.

RichP1269

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Try the San Pablo Reservoir in San Pablo ( just east of Richmond ) or Shadow Cliffs in Livermore.