Lake Wallenpaupack

wmteich

Seaman Apprentice
Going to give the Pack a try soon; any advice on how & where to fish it? What is biting this time of year? Wallaye? What type of rigging? Thanks.

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lake Wallenpaupack

I fished two walleye tournaments so far at the "pack" this year. Mid May to early June seemed to be somewhat consistant on the walleyes but the bite has seemed to slow down in the past two weeks. <br /><br />As far as location, the southern end throughout the creek channel (Ledgedale Area) was a hot spot but now those fish have moved up in the lake to deeper and cooler water. However, they still need to feed and therefore good success is often found at night as they return to the shore and island points to snack on baitfish.<br /><br />4" Husky jerks in firetiger and hot pink have produced well for us. I also caught a 26" on a 1/4 oz jig tipped with a GULP swim minnow. My last time up at the "pack" I tried out my new planer boards which accounted for hooking up with three walleyes while trolling about 1.5 mph with the electric motor.<br /><br />A few stripers have been caught by other folks but I haven't seen anything beyond 8 lbs. yet. If you just want to have fun catching fish you can catch perch all day long on a jig tipped with a nightcrawler half. There are also nice sized catfish that are often caught at night on minnows and night crawlers fished off the bottom.