Lake Wallenpaupack

wmteich

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone out there ever fished on Wallenpaupack? First season this year, and looking of tips.

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lake Wallenpaupack

Lake Wallenpaupack has lots of fishing opportunities. Although it also gets lots of other boat traffic, it is big enough to dilute things fairly well. There are a few tournaments held throughout the evening when other recreational boat traffic is at a minnimum. <br /><br />It has a good population of smallmouth and walleye. It is also known for some respectable stripers and hybrids. There are several islands that afford good fising around their shallows and dropoffs. Although most tournaments launch from the state access, some of the most successful fishing is in the Ledgedale area on the opposite (southern) end of the lake. This area has a major creek channel that holds lots of fish.<br /><br /><br />If you plan to make "The Pak" a regular destination, it might be a good idea to first hook up with a guide. Although you will part with a few sheckles up front, it may help you to buy more practical takle and spend less time and gas figuring out what works and what doesn't. For $175 a guide named Bill Albright www.billsguideservice.com will show you how to fish the lake in a few hours.<br /><br />Good luck and keep us posted on how you make out.

Desert_Bassin

Seaman Apprentice

WOW this brings back memories....only problem is I havent been there in 30 years, was born in Wilkesbarre, my father was raised on that lake and my grandparents had a trailer there, used to go alot as a kid.<br /><br />Sorry I dont have no info for ya, but ya brought back some memories :)

Israel Hands

Cadet

Avoid Wallenworld on weekends. Rest of the week, very nice.<br /><br />Israel Hands

wmteich

Seaman Apprentice

why do you say that Israel? Is it that bad? Have you been to other popular lakes on the weekend? They all are pretty busy, is it worse then any other lake on a nice weekend?

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

wmteich, I haven't been there boating yet but we did pick up info on the lake. From what I read on the weekends there is a clockwise flow around the lake. I have never had to deal with that on any other lake.

FLATHEAD

Captain

wmteich.I moderate a web site called "Eastern Pa. fishing reports" You can get all the info you need on Wallenpaupack there. We have a section just for wallenpaupack. There is a member that lives there and guides on the lake. His name is Brian Clark, he goes by the name Nanook of the north on the site. He will be more than happy to help you out in any way he can. Hope this helps. <br /><br />Here is the link.<br /> http://www.just4thought.com/SMF/index.php

Israel Hands

Cadet

"why do you say that Israel? Is it that bad? Have you been to other popular lakes on the weekend? They all are pretty busy, is it worse then any other lake on a nice weekend? "<br /><br />It's worse than both Hopatcong and Beltzville, but all three lakes are nice on weekdays or weekends around 2:00 am. <br /><br />Israel Hands

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Perhaps you can expect the tide to change with gas stepping over $2.75/gal at the dock.<br /><br />You'd be surprised to know how much activity these lakes get throughout the night......Where do you think the NY mob brings all the dead bodies?

wmteich

Seaman Apprentice

thanks for the humor Pakev... Makes me feel real comfortable...