Lake ordinance

gator68

Cadet
There is a lake nearby. It is a city reservoir. The sign says 25HP limit. I read an article that states if you remove your prop from the engine, that subsides the ordinance. Has any body ever checked into this? Who could be contacted to find out?

ZmOz

Captain
Re: Lake ordinance

What? How are you going to go anywhere without a prop?

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

We have a few lake with NO Gas Motors allowed. You can have the motor on the boat, you just can't use it. Trolling motor only. I'm guessing that's what you want to do? Try calling your local Dept. of Natural Resources or the City Hall, if it is a city rule.<br /><br />Or you could change your cowling numbers from 200 to 25 ;)

prockvoan

Chief Petty Officer

I know of only one lake near here that has no gas motor,one can put there boat in and use there trolling motor but must have the gas motor trim up out of the water.Any help?

Richard Petersen

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Use a set of oars. Quiet and a real plesant workout, as I constantly used to sit on my butt for hours, killing my health.

Richard Petersen

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Use a set of oars. Quiet and a real pleasant workout, as I constantly used to sit on my butt for hours, killing my health.

gator68

Cadet

Thanks for the info.IS this a great forum or what? Happy boating to all. The lake is only about a mile across but is real deep. It also has a couple of coves that go along way off the main lake. I went with a friend (in a john boat) we caught several bass that were plus 5lbs.