LadyFish catches a ladyfish

LadyFish

Admiral
Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of it. :( <br />Its only the second one I've ever caught, <br />the first one was 10 years ago and I never forgot it. <br />If you've never caught a ladyfish you are <br />missing out. They put on quite an aerobatic show <br />for a small fish and are more fun to catch than <br />many larger variety fish.<br /><br />I do however have a pic of my speckeled trout.<br />We fished for 11 hours and had a great day out on <br />the bay. <br /><br />I'm not usually one to gloat but the two fisherMEN<br />onboard did not fare as well. As a matter of fact,<br />I smoked them. :p <br /><br />Six keeper specs and one nice whiting.<br /> <br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />I also I foul hooked a stingray in the lower region.<br />All I can say is ouch! I felt even worse when I cut<br />the line to let him go.<br /> <br />I also witnessed the biggest fish I've ever seen <br />come straight out of the water without being <br />fished. It had to be 5 or 6 feet and weigh over <br />100 pounds, It was dark brown with a white belly <br />and round head. It looked to me to be a bull shark.<br />I don't know what else it could have been. It was <br />really a cool sight though. Does anyone know if a <br />bull shark will do this?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: LadyFish catches a ladyfish

Nice catch LF... :D Trout is some might fine table fare.. One of my favorites...<br /><br />LF has only caught 2 ladyfish? OMG... :p <br /><br />As for the bull shark, i dunno, but i have seen many spinner sharks take flight.. A bunch of spinner sharks were going nuts with some crazy acrobatics maybe 300 yards off the beach one day.. At first we mis-took them for tarpon, but upon closer inspection of the ruckus, bunch of spinner sharks!

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander
Re: LadyFish catches a ladyfish

Good show, Ladyfish. Lady fish are fun to catch. Some of the oldtimers around here call them "10 Pounders" because they fight 10 pounds worth no matter how big they are. The brown fish with white belly and a round head sounds like a ling {cobia, lemonfish, whatever]. They get that big, but I've never seen one come out of the water like that. Try to catch it next time. They are very tasty.