LadyFish, Are You Out There?...

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi LadyFish. In another post about SW's avatar, you posted
I'm sorry. I would have never started this thread if I had known it would have led to this.<br /><br />I was just curious more than anything about it soulwinner. You're are friend here and I would hate to think that this got under your skin that much.<br /><br />Its just a silly avatar.
Please let me assure you that it had nothing to do with you and your curiousity. And I agree, it's just a cartoon.<br /><br />I was also under the impression that this was where people could come to make friends, talk with one another (agreeing sometimes to disagree) & even pickin' at one another without feeling as though you had to watch not only your P's & Q's but every other letter of the alphabet. I understand about needing to keep it at a certain level of decency, but man. I've only been here a few days and I'm amazed at what some people are getting upset over......and I'm a woman!! ;) And a Christian woman at that. Shouldn't we women be the ones being all upset instead of the guys? :D Go figure.<br /><br />I understand that everyone has their own level of what is offensive, but what ever happened to remembering how to be open to others? And feel free to slam me if any chooses, but this is an honest question from someone who is new here and would really enjoy being a part of this little family. So slam any if you must...... ;)

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: LadyFish, Are You Out There?...

Thanks for the thread Mrs. Soulwinner.<br /><br />I understand your frustration, trust me, we've all been there at one time or another for one reason or another.<br /><br />I chaulk it up to all of us needing to be a little more patient with one another. Maintain the proper respect for not only the owners of the site but the members here as well. You never know how people perceive things that are said or pictures even. We all forget from time to time that this is not a intimate little place where 20-30 of us come to visit, there are over 50,000 members and many more visitors that come to iboats everyday and read this stuff too. I forget that myself. My thread to your hubby was mainly out of concern. He has shared a few of his his struggles with us and it just surprised me is all.<br /><br />Its really hard to be sensitive to everyone all at once and still remain human enough to voice your own opinion on open discussion boards. There are just too many different personalities and things going on in people's lives to predict the outcome of certain threads. We all, myself included need to think before we type sometimes. Or heck, just let it rip and the words fall where they will and keep in mind that for every action there is a reaction.<br /><br />Sensitivities run hot and cold here just like anywhere else and this week's full moon didn't help matters any.<br /><br />Stick around with us and enjoy, we do occassionally have fun in here.<br /><br />Welcome aboard again Mrs. Soulwinner, glad to have you join us. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

As per your request Mrs. SW.<br /><br />I have been what we call, POOFED here a few times for things, mostly jokes, that I have posted.<br /><br />There is a certain level of decency that the site adheres to.<br />They do have over 50,000 registered members, although I'm sure a number of them are just a one time thing, and a great number of visitors I'm sure, so yea they try to keep it like a family site as much as possible.<br /><br />It has at times got carried away from both sides of the fence, IMO.<br /><br />This forum, Dockside Chat, which a lot of the people on this board refer to as the basement, was made although a lot of people did not want it, so we could have a place to do general talking and joke telling etc.<br /><br />The political stuff gets carried away quite a bit and I am glad that is about over.<br /><br />I have been called names on here more than once, but you have to take it from the source it came from.<br /><br />I have made and meet friends on here and have seen them leave for different reasons.<br /><br />Heck, I am the one that SW got that horn from.<br />Something was said about goats and sheep and SW wanted to know if I could get him a horn and I did.<br />That's the way it is suppose to be.<br /><br />A lot of people on this board is very thin skinned and a lot of the stuff is silly.<br /><br />It's just a website, but some people think you are sitting across the table from them.<br /><br />There are people on this board that wanted the DC forum to go down the tubes, but with some talking to from another member, they let it stay.<br /><br />I don't have to come here everyday, I have other responsibilities, but like I said, I have friends here and until they ban me, I will keep coming back.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't mind me. I'm nowhere near frustrated. I learned the hard way along time ago not to let people bother me...in any regards. I just came aboard for the 'friends' part of this. I'm not here for 'information' just the people. I wanted to try to figure out what's what before I really stepped in the pile and caused a big stink. I like to pick but I'm like spratt.. I would never want to offend or hurt anyones feelings. I love to play around because life is just too short....way too short! <br /><br />SW is his own person as you may have figured. I hope he comes back because even though he has his struggles (as we all do), he is a very intelligent guy that I feel has a lot to offer to this forum. <br /><br />I will hang around if for nothing else to watch the guys fight. :D I like to see a good 'guy' fight! ;)

crab bait

Captain

yeah,, but it ain't nuthin' like two ladies pullin' hair an clawin' each others eyes out.. <br /><br />GOTTA LUV IT..!!

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

watch out crab bait, I don't pull hair and claw<br /> :eek:

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I don't know .. I get offended by the un-offended that are offended by the offense of a defense....<br /><br />or something like that ....<br /><br />I tend to cry easy.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

LMAO....<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Blame me ... everybody else does.<br /><br /> :cool: :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Yeah its all Barlow's fault. :D <br /><br />On second thought, no, blame splatt the newbie.
26.gif

spratt

Lieutenant

splatt, huh? OK, I have the thickest skin and broadest shoulders around, so yeah, go ahead!!! Hear me??? DO IT!!! BLAME ME, NOW!!!!!<br /><br />Uh, excuse me, sorry, I just had a er, blonde moment...and I ain't even blonde!!!

aspeck

Staff member

Mrs SW, I don't think I have formally welcomed you to the board, so, welcome aboard. I am sure Bassy and LF will be glad to have another "token" female on board. However, I have seen your picture and you do not fit with them - you ain't blonde (or do you have the roots?) J/K!<br /><br />Anyway, tell that husband of yours we miss him already and to get back here where he belongs.

Carphunter

Commander

I heard this was a good place to pick up chicks.<br /><br />..........thats the only reason i'm here. :p