Ladies and Gentlemen

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
This is your captain speaking. There is absolutely no cause for panic. The left engine is NOT on fire.......as you can see.<br />
enginecowling.jpg
<br />You know someone was crapping their pants with this one.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen

I've seen that somewhere.<br />Think it's on an AirTran Airbus somewhere around Atlanta.

Twidget

Commander

And my mom always wanted to sit by the window seat. :)

aspeck

Staff member

YIKES! That is all I got to say!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I'da hated to have my name on than maintanance log!!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Reminds me of one of Brother Dave Gardner's stories.<br /><br />Guy is on an airplane, by the window. It is night and he looks out and sees blue flame coming out of the exhaust (prop plane). Scares him good, so he starts to pray out loud.<br /><br />"Oh Lord, get me safely on the ground and I'll give half of everything I own to the Church."<br /><br />The flight proceeds and soon lands safely at Atlanta. As he walks away from the plane a fellow passenger, a preacher, approaches him.<br /><br />"I heard what you said up there, Brother. Gonna give half of everything to the Church and I know you want to start right now."<br /><br />"Naw, I made a better deal. I told Him that if He ever gets me up in one of those things again He can have it all."

D

DJ

Now if Boeing/Douglas and Airbus would use those nifty cowl clamps that OMC designed, that would have never happened. :D <br /><br />Does anyone remember actually flying on a commercial DC-3 or a Connie? I vaguely remember those piston engines starting up and seeing CLOUDS of blue smoke coming out of them. NOT environmentally friendly. That event alone would freak out half the passengers. <br /><br />I recall my dad saying "those engines are allot tighter than the B-24's and 29's I flew."<br /><br />I recall talking to an old Northwest Airlines mechanic. He could tell, on landing, by the sound of the engines how many "jugs" they needed to replace that night. It seems that the old WWII jockies flying those things would regularly overboost them.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Not exactly the thing to see while looking out the window, bet they served several drinks.