lack of power 70hp force 1993

Here we go i decided to go againt roscoes advice and to throw money at this problem(my mistake),symptom is on my 1993 force 70h.p she starts first time every time and accelerates slowley but at full throttle nearly dies untill i pull throttle back iv fitted new stator,new switch box,new diaphragm and check valves diaphragm spring new plugs new starter and battery.with the engine cowling removed i can see the butterfly in the carb this stays closed untill about pushing the throttle half way down then it begins to open,iv had the carb off and cleaned out inside the bowel which was clean and renewed the fuel filter as well as cleaning out the metal filter in the fuel pump the float inside the bowel goes up and down freely,while on really still water she will continue to accelerate to about 25mph she used to do 40mph this problem wasnt progressive it happened suddenly while priming the engine with the bulb there is an air +petrol release at the tank connection as if not a good fit any advice would be welcome.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: lack of power 70hp force 1993

Still sounds like a fuel system problem to me. That leak my be the key.
Buy or borrow a portable fuel tank and replace the entire fuel line.
Pay close attention to make sure all connections are tight, and can not draw in any air.

If that does not fix it, the next step would be to clean out the carburetor, not just the bowl, but the internals.

sdunt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: lack of power 70hp force 1993

If you feel comfortable running with out the hood on and have a helper, take her out and when you start to get the problem, let the assistant drive, squirt your fuel and oil mix in the carb intake and see if the problem corrects itself momentarily.. If so its fuel related.

And your carb is not clean enough.. You're not getting enough fuel through the fixed high speed jet.

Give this a read http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/columns/max/index10.htm