KY rules for camping on your boat

Pontoon8675309

Recruit
Greetings everyone. I am new to KY & was wondering what the laws/regulations are for camping on your boat [pontoon in my case]? Asking for public lakes only. I have scoured some of the recreation.gov websites & found some lakes that state "you must camp in designated areas" but for web pages for other lakes, it's not so clear if you can camp on your boat. And I'm not talking about boat in camp sites. What I mean is to find a hidden alcove, drop anchor, & setup the canvas enclosure. An example would be setting up "camp" towards the back of the alcove (36.891, -84.878). Obviously, safety measures would be followed such as tethering 30 feet from the shoreline, pole & box anchors to stop drifting.

Thanks in advance guys!

PS: I'll be posting my question on other forums as well so if you see this same questions, it's me.

Pontoon8675309

Recruit
Greetings everyone. I am new to KY & was wondering what the laws/regulations are for camping on your boat [pontoon in my case]? Asking for public lakes only. I have scoured some of the recreation.gov websites & found some lakes that state "you must camp in designated areas" but for web pages for other lakes, it's not so clear if you can camp on your boat. And I'm not talking about boat in camp sites. What I mean is to find a hidden alcove, drop anchor, & setup the canvas enclosure. An example would be setting up "camp" towards the back of the alcove (36.891, -84.878). Obviously, safety measures would be followed such as tethering 30 feet from the shoreline, pole & box anchors to stop drifting.

Thanks in advance guys!

PS: I'll be posting my question on other forums as well so if you see this same questions, it's me.

Pontoon8675309

Recruit

Thanks in advance guys!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I don't know if Kentucky allows overnights or longer, but it's doubtful if they have rules against it.. But to be sure, ask a Ranger or call. Bear in mind that States and Feds may have different rules on the same lake.

Here is a rule you did break - starting multiple threads on the same subject. Please don't do that again and take a look at our rules.

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks in advance guys!

I live in Kentucky. There are no rules about sleeping on a boat that I’m aware of.