Kuwait to help USA

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
KUWAIT (Reuters) - Wealthy OPEC nation Kuwait is donating $500 million worth of oil products and other humanitarian aid to its ally the United States to ease the impact of Hurricane Katrina, state news agency KUNA reported on Sunday. <br /><br /><br /> <br />"The humanitarian aid is oil products that the devastated (U.S.) states need in these circumstances, plus other humanitarian aid to lessen the devastation these three states have been subjected to," Energy Minister Sheikh Ahmad al-Fahd al-Sabah told KUNA.<br /><br />Sheikh Ahmad said the gesture was a duty toward a friend by the tiny Gulf Arab state which was liberated in 1991 by a U.S.-led multinational coalition from seven months of occupation by Iraq.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Kuwait to help USA

:)

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm pessimistic when it comes to OPEC but I believe that the Kuwaiti's offer is genuine. Thanks, Kuwait.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I read that and in a small way it was a little eye opener to there can be some good to come out of that area........If anybody over there owes us aits them and I must say 500 mil is quite a thankyou

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

I found it interesting that Japan is sending $200,000 to the American Red Cross, and has agreed to send an additional $300,000 in non monetary aid if requested..<br /><br />Dave..

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Dave, you got your commas and decimals right??<br /><br />Good for Kuwait, that's a big deal!

D

DJ

Guess what? Sometimes, we get it right. :) :) :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What about Castro? He has offered 1,000 doctors and some other stuff, don't remember exactly what.<br /><br />I think we should accept, even if we don't need them. Could be an olive leaf.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Heck yeah, I read that too, ALL HELP NEEDED AND APPRECIATED!

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Our Prime Minister announced last week Australia was donating $10m. <br />What is getting me a little angry is to date there has been no public appeal here for the victims. <br />These appeals are normally organised through the TV stations.<br />I personally recognise you people are probably the biggest givers of aid in the world, yet when you have a problem, some view it as "well they have everything so to hell with them".<br />The thread I edited last week re our Media - well I sent of an e-mail to both Channel 7 and 9 pointing this fact out. Good old 9, who claim to be the biggest and the best, won't recieve their's - keep coming back as undelivered. What a brilliant B/S Organisation.<br />Doubt anything will come of it.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

3.gif
<br />To all!....

D

DJ

JB, wrote:<br /><br />
What about Castro? He has offered 1,000 doctors and some other stuff, don't remember exactly what.<br /><br />I think we should accept, even if we don't need them. Could be an olive leaf.<br />
I'm not to sure about that one. One, I doubt there are a thousand doctors there. Two, they can only remove bullets and comfort those dying from torture.<br /><br /><br />Well, maybe #1 might be handy. ;)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

The only thing that actually ever worked right in communist Cuba is their health care system, Cuba has managed to produce more doctors per capita than most well developed countries.<br /><br />We should take any aid offered by other countries, because there are lots of our fellow country men and their families who can use a helping hand to make it through this catastrophic event.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

yep I am with JB again. <br />not like any national secrets are retrievable from the mess. Venezuela and Iran have offered as well. could be a chance for both sides to see the human aspects rather than just a TV shot of what the politicans that be what ya to see.<br /> by politicians that means ALL countries/parties involved.<br /><br />its amazing and great that so many have offered aid to the US. now its up to the administration officials to punt,pass or kick. hope they dont dribble.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Our "president" is finally getting off his behind and sending stuff but don't hold your breath: 500,000 MRE's so far. Our MRE's are pretty dire.<br /><br />I hope we send a heck of a lot more stuff and people soon, the States has always been a special relative.

txswinner

Banned

DJ, your stupid is showing again, obviously you know nothing about Cuba.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

So, I guess these "pledges" by other nations will probably just come off what we're sending them in the first place. <br /><br />It's the same as "Would you like another piece of your birthday cake?"