Krispy Kreme

spratt

Lieutenant
As a kid, the only doughnuts available in the area I grew up in were KK's...we sold them as fund raisers for school, church, etc...now I get to see how Yuppies all over Washington can be "overtaken" by a desire to buy the sweetest and most deelishus doughgob as KK begins their reign in Washington. They now have a good half-dozen or so doughgob stands here, and when the first one opened in Tukwila, KK claimed they never had a sales breaking day for any store they had EVER opened. It was a horror!!! Folks waited in line for HOURS to by a box of doughnuts!!! And now dear ol' Starbucks says that it is a disservice for folks to have to walk two blocks for a uppa, so they are gonna flood the market and make it easier for folks to get their daily (heck, HOURLY) fix...

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Krispy Kreme

The world needs more doghnut shops! <br /><br />I remember when I was a kid every saturday morning we stopped at a local bakery. They made a kind of roll that was awsome. Krispy Kreme is the only thing that came close, but not the same or as good. My dad drove delivery truck and stopped at this store weekly. I used to ride with him some. I remember sitting on a big bag of flour watching this man make these rolls among other things while dad unloaded the truck.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

DD, did it have some white cream in the center?<br />That is what I call a rolled up piece of heaven.<br />Well, use to be, can't eat that stuff anymore. :(

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Deputydawg..<br /><br />How did I know you were a doghnut fan? :D

spratt

Lieutenant

fixin, you made an assumption as i did, and probably from viewing the statistics of the number of patrol cars located in strategic locations near and around the local doughgod law enforcement gathering areas...:)<br /><br />Actually, Krispy Kreme adn other doughnot shops, et al, are excellent spots to gather and discuss the upcoming, past heinous crime rosters..and tehy just happen to have the best douoghnuts and coffe money can purchase...

KaGee

Admiral

A doughnut never met a policeman it didn't like!<br /> :p

spratt

Lieutenant

And if you read Dawgs post, you can see it is evidently an inherited trait:)<br /><br />Or at least an attained one from his gene pool:)<br /><br />Just pokin fun, I hope you know that Deputy Dawg...I truly hold you and your peers in highest esteem...why, I even have a radio so I can hear y'alls voices at night...I get accused that it is so I can know where the locals are so I can avoid 'em, but that ain't true!!! Those sweet li'l ol' 911 girls broadcasting in their soprano voices, and those masculine bass officers...why, I get all tingly just knowing they are out there protectin' my family from those awful speeders!!!<br /><br />Dawg, I am even gonna start a new thread in yer honor!!!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

We better get ready to snag John Edwards, (he'll be lookin for something to do, soon) to file a class action suit against KK. They are gonna be responsible for a bunch of FAT people. Well, someone has to be made to pay! :p