Kohler 5E No Spark at both coils

29 Coastal

Recruit
Looking for help with a 2005 Kohler 5E that has no spark at (both) coils, had a 5 blade pigtail short out due to corrosion and took out the igniter. I changed lots of $$$ parts, now has fuel but still no spark. Changed the control board, the igniter, brushes, control board fuses, and normal service items filters, fluids and zinc. Checked cut off switches still no spark, ready to use it for anchor !!!

29 Coastal

Recruit
Looking for help with a 2005 Kohler 5E that has no spark at (both) coils, had a 5 blade pigtail short out due to corrosion and took out the igniter. I changed lots of $$$ parts, now has fuel but still no spark. Changed the control board, the igniter, brushes, control board fuses, and normal service items filters, fluids and zinc. Checked cut off switches still no spark, ready to use it for anchor !!!

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,..... We don't have a gen-set forum, 'n yer's ain't diesel powered, so I'm gonna move this to the electrical forum, rather than this diesel forum, to see if I can get ya some answers,......