Knots for braided lines?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
I like using powerpro braid but the only knot I've found that will hold without slipping out is the palomar, which I hate. I just find it very inconvenient to make a big loop to pass the lure through then you have a long tag end of expensive line to cut.<br /><br />Is there anything else that works?<br /><br />thanks!

Ron G

Commander
Re: Knots for braided lines?

Iuse powerpro line on 4 of my rods, i use the cinch not or the improved cinch knot, it holds and no chance of it slipping,i started off using the polmar on spiderwire but it would come undone on a rat, so i switched to the cinch.

DangerDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

you can try a half blood but the palomar is the best for that type of line

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I too use Powerpro.<br /><br />I learned the Uniknot system back in the 60s and have never had it fail on any type of line, including powerpro. I consider it the best knot, period. <br /><br />Others have their favorites that they consider the best knot, period, too. I don't dispute them.<br /><br />Find one that works for you and is easy to tie.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Almost any knot that works on mono works on the braided lines.Just double them up and/or finish<br />'m off with a dab of super glue

gulfcoastfisher1

Seaman Apprentice

yeah that what knot i did when i use powerpro but switch back to Ande it just feels more comfortable