KIZ what ya drinking now-a-days

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
KIZ,<br />Herd the water treatment plant in Baytown burned to the ground and 85k plus will not have drinking water. What are you guys doing for water?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: KIZ what ya drinking now-a-days

Just another media sensationalized story.<br /><br />The water supply is fine, they have backups that work perfectly. Should be back to normal in a week, plus my parents have well water if the need arises.<br /><br />**************************************<br />Power has been restored to the Baytown Area Water Authority water surface treatment plant. However, additional problems caused by the storm at the Coastal Industrial Water Authority substation, where Baytown gets its water, have city officials on alert and asking residents to conserve water as much as possible. <br /><br />After the storm, the Baytown Area Water Authority lost power. However, electricity was restored to it at approximately 9:15 a.m. Sunday. <br /><br />Once power was restored to the planet, a lightning arrestor failed.<br /><br />The arrestor was replaced at approximately 10 :15 a.m. Sunday and testing of the plant began immediately. <br /><br />The Coastal Industrial Water Authority substation pumps water out of the Trinity River into a reservoir and from the reservoir, it is pumped into a canal and ultimately, to BAWA. Because of an electrical failure at CIWA, which provides water to 60 percent of water plants in the region, the process has broken down. <br /><br />Baytown is asked to continue to conserve water as much as possible including not washing clothes, cars, watering their lawn or using water for “anything other than drinking, cooking, or taking shorts baths or showers.” <br /><br />“We appreciate the water customers curbing their water use and helping us during this difficult time,” Mayor Calvin Mundinger said. “However, until the CIWA substation is back in operation, we will need for water customer in Baytown and surrounding areas to continue conserving water.” <br /><br />Baytown has approximately two days of water in reservoir at BAWA in case the CIWA is not fixed soon, Assistant City Manager Kelvin Knauf said. <br /><br />The worst case scenario, according to Knauf is that people would have to do without for a few days, but the city is optimistic. <br /><br />“I don’t think there’s a reason to panic,” Knauf said. “Conserve as we are asking and we’ll get through this.”

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

That’s great, sounded bad when I herd the initial report here a few days back.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Thanks a lot for your concern.<br /><br />Baytown was very lucky that Rita made a right hand turn, we missed high winds by about 20 miles.<br /><br />I think even most parts of Galveston have water, and most will have power within a week. Should be hearing from the Ladyfishes soon.<br /><br />Ken