Kitty Lost Her Claws

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
My cat came home from the vet today after being declawed. I have to give her pain pills twice a day. Just to show how great a site this is I did a search and found everything I needed. Went out and got a bb gun. Here is the link in case anyone is interested.<br /> giving a cat a pill

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Kitty Lost Her Claws

Cruel & unusual punishment to de-claw a cat. Their paws hurt like crazy afterwards, and they never forgive you. Sonja (the pet psychic) on the Animal Planet told me that.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Kitty had laser surgury. The choice was either declaw or death by slow torture. I got her to sign the consent. She came home with no bandages and is moving pretty good. The vet told me that the old fashion way the cat would be sore for weeks. The laser is the way to go. She is already trying to catch flies. I think the pain pills are more for keeping her off her feet then for the pain. Does Sonja have a web site or does she only visit you late at night?

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Try looking here: Pet Psychic <br />Hmm, never considered the laser surgery angle. Glad she's feeling so well!<br />I know what you mean about considering death by slow torture, hehehe. Although I love my 2 cats, I've had the occasional urge to commit feline-ocide.

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

I found the easiest way to give a cat a pill is to take a ball point pen, open the cats mouth, wedge the side of the pen between the cats back teeth (To prevent it from closing it's mouth on your finger) take the pill and push it as far down the cats mouth as you can get and then take the pen out and let the cat go. When they give you the liquid stuff, wedge the dropper in the cat's back teeth and dispence the drops. Piece of taco.<br /><br />Hope this helps. Sure did me.<br /><br />Craig