FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a Kingfisher Model 217586753, 7.5 HP. I need to
know how to time the ignition. It sparks ok but it seems
the top plate moves a long way before the throttle moves.
It stalls out at fast speed. Idles ok.
Not counting the old style point ignition there are 2 full pages of timing procedures.Lots of text and 8 illustrations.
You should try to get yourself a service manual.Try the library for an after market manual.I believe there are a number of vendors selling CD manuals on ebay.Usually high speed stall would be a fuel supply issue.Have you.Have you tried a little choke to keep it running? I think most throttles move quite a ways before picking up the the carb.
Thanks for the info. I've found a manual cd on ebay
also a fuel pump parts. Looking for delivery later
this week. Similar problem on other small ob motor was
the timing. Not to much to go wrong other than fuel
and sparx. Bob