Kinda neat

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This has been around a while, but it's still kinda neat.<br />_____________________________________________<br />"Math Trick"<br /> <br />Here is a math trick so unbelievable that it might<br />stump you.<br /> <br />Personally I would like to know who came up with<br />this and why that person is not running the country.<br /> <br />1. Grab a calculator. (you won't be able to do this one<br />in your head)<br />2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number<br />(NOT the area code)<br />3. Multiply by 80<br />4. Add 1<br />5. Multiply by 250<br />6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number<br />7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.<br />8. Subtract 250<br />9. Divide number by 2<br /> <br />Do you recognize the answer?<br /><br />Might not work anywhere outside the US though.

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Kinda neat

My phone number. Yes SBN, it does work outside the U.S.!!!! <br /><br />It is similar to a cognitive test that is applied to patients with learning disabilities - I think the idea is to help people develope certain (and specific)memory skills.<br /><br />There was another mathematical puzzle that my father taught me, it's a mixture of maths and statistical probability. In a group of people, one particular answer has the highest probability.<br /><br />Pick a number between 2 and 9, multiply that number by 9. You now have a 2 digit number, add the two digits together, deduct 5, convert that number into a letter (1 = a, 2 = b and so on), think of a country that starts with that letter, think of an african animal, think of the color of that animal. What's the answer?<br /><br />Aldo

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

SBN - you're right - that person should be President or somthing!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Thats just to cool...colud make some money at the bar with that trick.....Or get some great phone numbers!!!!

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> Aldo, my answer is "Grey". :p
Apparently, the most common answer is - A Grey Elephant in Denmark. :)

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

But there is a Grey Elephant in Djibouti :) <br /><br />Sorry DJ, i did not mean to imply that there is an elephant in your bootie, even though though PW2 and Company may think so :eek: :p :D :D

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> This has been around a while, but it's still kinda neat.<br />_____________________________________________<br />"Math Trick"<br /> <br />Here is a math trick so unbelievable that it might<br />stump you.<br /> <br />Personally I would like to know who came up with<br />this and why that person is not running the country.<br /> <br /> <br />Do you recognize the answer?<br /><br />Might not work anywhere outside the US though.
Why wouldn't it work? All the numbers are constant and you have provided your phone number in the equation.