Kicker Motor Transom Mount Suggestions

ericamity

Cadet
I have a 15 foot 1974 Seawirl tri-hull and was curious about installing a mount for my kicker motor on my transom. I was noticing wildly different prices and wondering if there was one that people thought was high quality but still a good deal. The Evinrude dealer here in town has a non-adjustable aluminum one that is $380 and I thought that was really high so I told him I was finding them online for about $100 and he said that those will be junk. Any thoughts? Thank you.

I bought a Panther kicker motor bracket that I attached to the transom of my 17 ft.Sea Nymph. The bracket was stainless steel and it was designed for up to 20hp motor or 115lbs. It had three or four different height adjustments it was recommended for a 2 stroke motor. The price was $199.99. They also carried kicker motor brackets for 4 stroke but are approx. $100.00 more. I've had mine for about 3 years now. I mounted a mercury 9.9 2- stroke with a separate 3 gal. fuel tank and a extension handle that I control from the back of the Sea Nymph. Works great cheap to run all day. If I can help you further please let me know. Dan