Kern County Rangers demonstrate the new "dry launch" technique for aluminum boats

cutbait76

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Kern County Rangers demonstrate the new "dry launch" technique for aluminum boats

100% dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG959069.jpg

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Kern County Rangers demonstrate the new "dry luanch" technique for aluminum boats

Re: Kern County Rangers demonstrate the new "dry luanch" technique for aluminum boats

Hmmmmm, that is quite the pickle

joewithaboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Don't worry, the Tax Payers have bottomless pockets. LOL :eek:

That sure is embarrassing.

We almost got bit like that once launching, not being accustomed to a roller bunk trailer.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Was that CBK driving for them?????????LOL

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Ouch! I doubt that was the way it started though, they probably pulled the trailer up a bit. Still, very embarrassing!

STARCRAFT16SS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Why didn't I think of that:D
Who cares how shallow the launch is with that method:rolleyes:
We don't need no stinken tilt trailer:rolleyes:
Let the tide do the work...:facepalm:eek:hh wait...Lake patrol...no tide...:D

New quick method of cleaning/scraping the hull??

bananaboater

Ensign

That boat has the wrong name. Should be Shore Patrol.

64osby

Admiral

It's a training exercise.... yea that's it!;)

Practice for when someone does a SHT during the peak times.

Last edited:

barato2

Commander

you guys got it all wrong and are being distinctly uncharitable and uncivic minded to boot.

it's obviously a demo on how to be a responsible boater and remove the zebra mussels

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Was that CBK driving for them?????????LOL

Lol..no..I didn't frequent Kern County often when I lived in Cali.
but if it was me..it would have flown 30 feet and be in the back of the tow vehicle

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer

My best guess is that it was launched perfectly except for the part about forgetting to unhook the winch cable.

airshot

Rear Admiral

I wonder if the motor or outdrive leg was down? Scratched aluminium is one thing but lower unit is another, but........what the hey
the taxpayers can afford it.

Airshot

DirtyHarry83

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's a shame too... It's a nice boat.

:facepalm:

I bet they'll never live this down to their superiors and peers.

Gibbles

Commander

Opps! lol

but the looks of that boat I bet it only scratched the bottom, I bet that sucker is tough.

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

I've seen a couple launched that way. They unhook the winch cable and back down the ramp. Have to hit the brakes for some reason and that's the way it looks. Saw a 24 ft cabin boat, glasser, brand new, never touched the water, know it all hotshot operator. A dog ran behind the boat and he hit his brakes. The fiberglass was ruined. 30 ft from the water. On Garfield bay Ed.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Emailed them to see how they retrieved the big boat and what if any damage occured . Havent heard back yet. Prob disconnected the phone for a while.