Kencraft

wyattm

Seaman Apprentice
I'm thinking about a new boat, a 206c Kencraft with a 150 Mercury EFI. Does any one know anything about these boats. I would be using it for the Rivers in Va & Md and the Chesapeake Bay. Thanks Capt Mike

wimpie

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Kencraft

I have a friend that is looking at a 20'cc and was wondering what you have decided on the boat. I don't know anything about them and haven't seen one so couldn't tell them anything. The price seems right for what they are looking to spend, but would sure hate for them to end up with something they didn't want. Was hoping someone would reply that was familar with these boats.

RJS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fourplay,<br /><br />Make sure to go for a test drive. I tested the same boat, it only had a 135 HP Merc. Wasn't happy at all. Not enough power. Kencrafts seem like a good value.

suzukidave

Petty Officer 1st Class

You know it's a weird coincidence but there used to be a fg boat manufacturer here in BC called Kencraft up to the mid-70's (I almost bought one a few years back). I just checked the website of your Kencraft and it's not the same company. What are the odds of there being two guys who would call their FG boat company that? Any Kens out there care to explain it for us?<br /><br />Can't say much about the Kencraft from the Carolinas (nice website), but the one from here was nothing flashy, just solid fishing boats with a sound deep v hull.

wimpie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Have visited a few other forum sites and read a lot of post on the Kencraft ,but a lot of them sounded like sales pitches. so am not sure what people really think of these boats.

wyattm

Seaman Apprentice

Hope to get test ride in Kencraft 206 next week. The package deal is the Kencraft 206, w/200 mercury efi, tandem axle trailer w/brakes. The boat will have Hard T-top, splash well board, leaning post w/30 gal. livewell, raw water washdn.,all there normal standard equipment i.e. portpotti, CG package, rod holders. Md taxes 5% and reg. included out the door is $30659. I will do my own electronics. I looked at two Kencrafts at our marina one a 94 and one a 96, I was amazed there was no gelcoate crazing anywhere on these boats. Even my ex grady white had some crazing.<br /><br />I will keep everybody posted on how well I like the ride.

RJS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fourplay,<br /><br />That sounds like a reasonably good deal. The 200 EFI should push it pretty well. The kencrafts seem like good boats, they do have wood stringers,but so do Parkers and no one complains about them. If I were to test drive the Kencraft with adequate power, chances are, I would have bought one.