KeltonKrew ? 4 U on Smoking Corn on the Cob

Link

Rear Admiral
In the thread "Kennys Big Adventure"<br /><br />
Kenny was amazed that I was putting the corn on at 1:30 and we weren't eating until 6:30 or so.....Had to educate him on low and slow smoking.
Educate me please!<br />Any excuse for me to pull out my Little Chief Smoker is a good reason. And we are staying home on Labor Day so it would be a good time for me to pull it out again<br /><br />I have thought about trying that but never have. Figured it was just another whacky idea I get from time to time.<br /><br />Would you please tell me how you do it and the results. IE: do you put a can of of water on the drip pan etc etc All details<br /><br />Plus I wanted to make this a seperate post to not torture Spinner ;) <br /><br />Type slow as I don't read so fast!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: KeltonKrew ? 4 U on Smoking Corn on the Cob

GRRRRRRRRRRRR, there's that "F" word again. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Finally.....Kenny LEARNED something here! I had to keep repeating that to him....(he needs to slow down and enjoy....quit this NY minute stuff)<br /><br />Link,<br /><br />I use 3 different types of wood depending on flavor.<br /><br />Oak, Pecan and Mesquite. Last night we used mesquite. It has a more distintive flavor, but pecan is real nice.<br /><br />You have to be able to deliver some good smoke. The corn DOES NOT go on the heat....Has to be away from it. Keep your pit at about 150* to 175* with good smoke. Put the corn on the pit still in the husks....don't do anything to the corn. just rotate the corn every 30 minutes or so. <br /><br />The key is slow cooking at a low temperature. Keeps the juices in and seals it with a great flavor!<br /><br />I usually cook it between 5 - 6 hours. When you peel the corn, the husk and silk just peel off.. Super easy to get ready to eat!<br /><br />Hope this helps!

Link

Rear Admiral

Spinner I really tied to spare you the pain bud... by making this a post to KeltonKrew... really... really :D :D :D <br /><br />KeltonKrew<br /><br />Thanks as I was clueless about keeping the husks on.<br /><br />Sounds like a perfect match for my Little Chief smoker. <br /><br />Don't think I'm going to wait until the weekend because MIL will be out of town. Tuesday and Thursdays are sorta set days to have dinner with her and she is always a good sport about expermental dinners. :eek: <br /><br />Going to try that recipe with the ICKY Squash stuff that aspeck posted a few days ago and the smoked corn should go well with it.<br /><br />Thanks...

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

That smoked corn was delicious. I don't know how I forgot it in my post the other night, musta been a "Miller" moment. I'm going to try some this weekend while cooking brisket.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Mr. LF...if that was a "miller" moment, we definitely have to get together again. I know when I hear jokes when I have my "miller" moments, I never remember them until I have another moment :D <br /><br />At least you didn't forget about the catfish...that was my main goal for that night...to make sure it was edible!<br /><br />Hope we all can get together soon again!

ndemge

Commander

forklandnoe.jpg