Keep voting 'till ya win in WA

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
So the whining democrats in Washington lost by 42 votes in the Gov race on the second count too (republicans gained one more vote). Instead of admitting defeat, they will spend a million more of "wrote off on taxes" donated money -Kerry sent $250,000-and have a third recount to make enough votes to win........this whole process has gone to hell, and the first lawsuits have started already

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Keep voting 'till ya win in WA

I'm certainly not predicting which way the recount will go but I do know that justice will be served if Rossi's win holds up. I just can't decide which would be the best scenario, Rossi wins the third recount by 3 votes? Rossi wins the re-recount by more than 42 votes? <br /><br />If either is the case, I couldn't think of a better way to burn up Democrat dollars. They'd think up some new way to whine about the results.

spratt

Lieutenant

I am just hoping upon hope that Mrs. Greg-gore loses by so many she will be ashamed...

Link

Rear Admiral

Robby6950<br />Could you start using your spell checker? Your driving me nuts! It's spelled Demoncrates <br /> :D <br /><br />Yea we all know whats going on here.<br /><br />They are going to keep counting until they manufacture the number of votes needed. And or take away enough votes from Rossi. Like they tried in FL by putting a piece of pencil led under thier nails and smudging ballots for Bush getting them thrown out.<br /><br />The way this is set up they have about a 95% chance of stealing this election.<br /><br />Boomyal<br /><br />That would be poetic justice if it came out a win for Rossi by 42 votes. :) :) <br /><br />But like you guys I'm not going to go into a rant over this. Just sit back and let the chips fall where they do.<br /><br />However on the bright side, steal it or lose it, she is politically dead in this state!

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

I just think that this and other situations that happened across our nation highlight the fact that we need to look long and hard at our election process.<br /><br />The way ours works is paper ballot that you complete with black felt tip pin that is optically read by computor. <br />My first ballot was rejected since I made one small mark outside the a box. Bad eye/hand coordination.<br /><br />This gives electronic tallying with paper backup.<br /><br />What method is used in your area?<br /><br />I do NOT trust touch screens without paper ballots.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Washington uses both the punch card and the optical ballots. I don't think that we have any of the touch screens and I don't think that it matters much what type of ballot they use. They all have their potential areas of vulnerability. Besides, the Democrats don't want to cheat anyway. They just want to interpret and divine. The Progressives, after all, are smarter than everyone else.<br /><br />No link, you got it wrong too. It's spelled DemocRATS<br /><br />...and Robby, your title should have read "keep counting til ya win"

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> ...and Robby, your title should have read "keep counting til ya win"
Can't help it...grew up Chicago suburbs, and there it was "Remember, vote early and often"

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Robby6950:<br />Can't help it...grew up Chicago suburbs, and there it was "Remember, vote early and often" [/QB]
Oh yeah! I forgot that one. :D That was Daley and the boys, wasn't it?

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> s "Remember, vote early and often"
Oh yeah! I forgot that one. :D That was Daley and the boys, wasn't it? [/QB][/quote]<br /> <br />Sure was, and amazing how out of all those politicos that would run for Mayor, Daleys kid would win too!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Robby6950:<br /> So the whining democrats in Washington lost by 42 votes in the Gov race on the second count too (republicans gained one more vote). Instead of admitting defeat, they will spend a million more of "wrote off on taxes" donated money -Kerry sent $250,000-and have a third recount to make enough votes to win........this whole process has gone to hell, and the first lawsuits have started already
Please tell me I don't have to change all my FLORIDUH jokes to Washington. :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Kerry donates $250,000 for recount efforts<br /><br />Associated Press<br /><br /><br />WASHINGTON – John Kerry is giving $250,000 to support Democrats in disputed elections in Washington state and Louisiana and forming a new fund that could help his future political ambitions.<br /><br />Kerry is forming a political action committee that will allow him to donate to Democrats in local, congressional and governor’s races in the next two years, as well as promote his agenda on the environment, health care, energy and Social Security.<br /><br />Kerry spokesman David Wade said the Massachusetts senator has wired $200,000 to support another recount in the Washington governor’s race. Republican Dino Rossi was certified as the winner Tuesday, but Democrat Chris Gregoire was only 42 votes behind.<br /><br />Kerry also wired $50,000 to Louisiana, where Democrats are running in two run-off races in contests where no candidate won a majority in last month’s election.<br /><br />That money came from the $14 million left over from his campaign’s primary race fund.<br /><br />Kerry did not spend that money while running against other Democrats early in the year and wasn’t able to spend it in the general election against Bush.<br /><br />That money cannot be transferred to the yet-unnamed leadership committee. Wade said Kerry will raise money to fill its coffers, but doesn’t have a target amount in mind.<br /><br /> This will give the Dem's a boost???? What a Guy :eek:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Wonderful, isn't it. Thought we were rid of him.