Just Unreal

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
I had posted earlier in the boating section about finding a bullet hole in the back of my boat. It is just an inconvience since it is something else to fix before the docks are open.<br /><br />Anyway here is the GOOD NEWS: A man pulls into my driveway, I met him at the door. He calls me by name, but I don't know him. He hands me $150 and said he was sorry for shooting my boat with his gun. He asked if I was sure that was enough to cover the damages. I told him that would cover it. He said he was sorry again and then left.<br /><br />I still shocked that someone actually came to my house and paid me for damages that they caused. I'm thinking my neighbor had something to do with it.

ob

Admiral
Re: Just Unreal

Also good news that you weren't in the boat at the time fiddling with some wiring or something.I'm also wondering how a guy can accidently shoot a hole in someones boat. :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

It must have happened during deer season back in December. There is woods behind my house and deer is thick in there. The guy must have shot at one and didn't pay attention to the direction he was shooting. He must of known he hit something other wise he wouldn't have fessed up to it. At least the man was honest enough to pay for the damage. Here I thought I was going to have to pay for another trim pump motor. <br /><br />Wife wants to rename the boat "SHOT IN THE AZZ"

Dunaruna

Admiral

What would have happenned if the boat wasn't there?<br /><br />Aldo

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Dunaruna, figuring out about the path of the shot. The shot would have gone between my house and the neighbors (I keep my boat parked at the end of my house). It would have gone across the busy highway and then into an old tank parked across the street at the legion hall. The old tank is one from WWII that just sits there as a display. If it missed the tank, it would probably scrubbed enough speed off to lodge into the timbers of the legion hall. It is a log style building. <br /><br />Even though the man was in his 50's or so, he should have known better. May have been the adrenalin rush of trying to take down the deer he was shooting at.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holy Smokes SS! An inconvenience! :eek: You Americans and your guns... :D <br /><br />Is that part of your regular maintenance procedure? - inspect for bullet holes! :D <br /><br />Crikey - if a Kiwi found a bullet hole in his boat, we'd all be reading about it in the national papers.... :rolleyes: <br /><br /><br />Anyway, I'm glad you got some compensation for the damage and incovenience. That's good news.<br /><br /> ;)

Triton II

Commander

Crikey - if a Kiwi found a bullet hole in his boat, we'd all be reading about it in the national papers....
At least you'd have something more interesting than to read about rather than the sobs of anguish over your cricket team! :eek: :D

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by Triton II:<br /> At least you'd have something more interesting than to read about rather than the sobs of anguish over your cricket team! :eek: :D
Ha the cricket... :rolleyes: - every time I think I've managed to forget about that subject...there's an Australian there to remind me... :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

This is why I like to hunt from a tall stand and never shoot uphill.<br /><br />The angle always guarantees my shot wont go much farther than the deer I am shooting at.<br /><br />Ken

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Ha the cricket... - every time I think I've managed to forget about that subject...there's an Australian there to remind me... <br />
Or an Englishman