Just thought I'd share a nice photo.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
he did a bunch of time at the helm but the final run to the ramp close to sundown was all mine. I think I'm teaching him well.

now if I can just convince him to cut that crap off the top of his head...

1709043525717.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Neighbor moved in acouple years ago. Single parent and starting her own business she started calling me neighbor dad (her dad is mia) because she kept needing dad help and i can and do so we are now fake dad and fake daughter and fake grandkids so much so a couple months ago we became the only people other than her mom to ever watch the kids for her, ever so i guess we are doing it right.

rxl650

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Neighbor moved in acouple years ago. Single parent and starting her own business she started calling me neighbor dad (her dad is mia) because she kept needing dad help and i can and do so we are now fake dad and fake daughter and fake grandkids so much so a couple months ago we became the only people other than her mom to ever watch the kids for her, ever so i guess we are doing it right.
Waytogo Joe. Although I suspect you get as much or more out of the time spent with them as they do. Fake is irrelevent. Just gota let him know the man bun stays at the dock. lol

Attachments

• 20200808_160815.jpg
    20200808_160815.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 3

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I am of a firm belief that boys need men and girls need women older role models in their life (and vice versa for different reasons) and since the dad is mia and the boyfriend I will politely call 'not into being a male role model' I am always drawn into these situations. We raised several 'kids' and 'grandkids' last 20 years or so. Oldest just turned 19 and off to college. His mom was one of our 'kids' and lived with us for a year while she (mostly) got her s...t together and now all good for her.

We have yet to have any set of fakes that are not way better off now but we feel any intervention/interaction of as we have dome several times let them live with us rent/drama/cost free for a year or so can do nothing but help them - or at least set them up for success should they chose to continue the path lined out for them. I like to think it is us, hopefully, but prob will only know at my funeral when I can't hear it...

rxl650

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Good for the soul.

Attachments

• 102_9593.JPG
    102_9593.JPG
    504.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 102_9595.JPG
    102_9595.JPG
    726.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 102_9634.JPG
    102_9634.JPG
    759 KB · Views: 9

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Ok a rarely watch the reels on fb but this one caught my eye. You prob need fb to see it but if you like watching little kids catch fish the video is a must see.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Agreed, and it's so good to see and hear that there are so many good people out there facilitating and teaching future generations.
BTW, I do not have a fb acct, but was able to watch that vid - and that kid did it with "the item" firmly in place. Thanks for sharing that one, good for the soul