• astro3.jpg
    astro3.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 11
  • astro4.jpg
    astro4.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 12

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
The boat looks nice in the pictures. But, it's a 31 year old fiberglass boat with a 2-stroke motor. It's all about condition and rot (or lack thereof). Can't tell from the pics. Since the price is above average retail, it will depend on how much $ it will take to make it seaworthy, safe and reliable.

bayou Man

Cadet
runs well but hard to start previous owner let gas sit for year or so. I am draining 20 gallon tank (half full) once done i will add fuel water separator and change plugs and filters hope it works when running @ 4500 rpm's there is a little knock should I be worried

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The knock is a huge concern.----Start with a compression test.--Post the actual values here.-----Is oil injection in service ?----Overheat horn tested ?----You must install a new water pump impeller before your first expedition.

bayou Man

Cadet
previous owner switched out all pumps late 2023 he had receipts compression test dont know if that was done. when i put throttle to higher end it stalls for a few seconds then it will plane out accordinly yes, oil injection is automatic i keep it full here is what was done
replaced:
- new gas line from tank to motor
- new waterpump
- new fuel filter
- new sparkplugs
- all gaskets from carburetor to reed
valve
- stator
- trigger assembly
- CDI switch box

Last edited:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The little knock is a concern.-----But it is your motor and you can run it till it comes to a ---" dynamic halt "----I suppose.-----Not sure why all these big $$$ electronic parts were replaced.----Maybe remove exhaust covers and inspect pistons / rings / rod bearing play.----Gaskets are cheap.