Just like your Dad

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
When I was growing up and people told me I look like my dad I would argue the point with them. <br /><br />As I got older and someone would say your becoming more like your father all the time. I would smile politely and shake my head.<br /> <br />Now when someone says, you remind me so much of your father, I just say thank you. <br /><br />Been gone 5+ years, still miss him.........To all the Dads out there Happy Fathers Day.<br /><br />L-T

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Just like your Dad

thanks i am a one year vetran this july and my dad did look like me when he was my age I hope I get longer on this spinning ball of mud than he got ,my fathers day will always have a touch of sadness and reflection in it but hey thanks for the post :rolleyes:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There aren't many still around who knew my Dad, but I would be honored if they think I am like him at all.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

He Dave, don't mean to redirect this subject, but if you come from the Falkirk outside Bathgate, then that's where my 1st wife originated from. Was also at sea with a RN Chap from there too. Big world eh boy!.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

NathanY

Commander

I feel you LT, this year is gonna be a rough one on me...

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I'm very fortunate to still have my Dad. Been through some rough stuff health wise but he's still here.....able to go fishing on occasion. To all you Dad's out there....have a great day! :) :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Lost mine in 1973, I was 23. Still wish he was around when the difficult decisions are to be made. Sometimes just to call and say Hi.

S.Lee

Seaman Apprentice

I would love to just have one last 5 minute conversation with my Dad, but alas, such is life.<br />I get told all the time that I look move and sound just like him. Makes me feel pretty good.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Nate,<br />Ya got a whole year of firsts ahead of.....hang in there you'll make it.

D

DJ

JB wrote.<br /><br />
I would be honored if they think I am like him at all.<br />
JB, I agree wholeheartedly, yet, in todays environment, I guard my feelings. I have been ridiculed, on this forum, for having a deep respect and admiration, for my father.<br /><br />A sign of the times.

S.Lee

Seaman Apprentice

DJ,<br />I wouldn't put alot of stalk as to what strangers on the internet say. I feel the same about my father. It seems to me that this internet alows people to behave in a way that is different than they would if they were looking at you face to face.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

DJ<br />I have to believe those who would ridicule you for feeling that way.....well...they just don't get it. That or they were raised by men that had no idea what it meant, or took to be a good father.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

kiwiphil Hi philip I stay in polmont and a 10-15 min drive to Bathgate It really is a small world .Surely that Scottish lass didnt scare you so much you had to go to Australia :D

danie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My second year without Dad. <br />Wish I could say hi and bye.<br />Did shake his hand on his birthday though.<br />Lost him the next day.