just gotta laugh

one more cast

Captain
Last summer I bought an old John Deere snow blower at a garage sale for $75. I fixed it up a little and put it out by the road for sale. Well, my not so well off x neighbor ask me to hold it for him so I dropped the price and put it in my shed. He never came to get it. yesterday I blow a brake line on my plow truck. This morning I wake to a foot of snow and another foot or more coming. The phone rings and its my x neighbor.."is it OK if I come get the snowblower?" So now I have a bunch of snow to move, no brakes on the plow truck,one blower gone and a smaller blower that is on its last leg. I sure hope them old rusted lines come apart..... If you don't hear from me in awhile I will probably be laying under the truck in the snow unable to get up because of my stupid arthritis or maybe just using that little blower that will take me forever. Hope you all have a nice day. :D

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: just gotta laugh

That sucks OMC, at least it is that light fluffy snow (kinda like saying "it's a dry heat"). <br /><br />My neighbor always seems to be off on a business trip when we get snowed in. I end up snowblowing his driveway so his wife and kids can get out. I would plow it, but he prefers it to be snowblowed...go figure.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I have several snowblowers in my garage waiting to be fixed. Just don't get enough snow to hardly justify it anymore. :(

KaGee

Admiral

Waz that they say??? No good deed goes unpunished???<br /><br />Glad you have a sense of humor about it OMC.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Seems like every season I buy a few pieces of brake line and the compression connectors to keep on hand. Been there done that. <br /><br />Bob

one more cast

Captain

Hi, I'm still here... decided to say the heck with it for now and made some soup. I'm sure the snow will wait for me.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Nice thing about snow, eventually it will take care of itself, unlike grass.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Nice thing about snow, eventually it will take care of itself, unlike grass.
Unfortunately it's gonna be cold all week, and if OMC is in the same boat, we just got hit with another foot.

Moody Blue

Captain

My response to x-neighbour ...... <br />you can come and get it as soon as I'm finished with it !<br />OMC you are far more tolerant than I. Good for you. Winter has a real strangle hold on us here in central Ontario as well. Can't wait till spring.

SoulWinner

Commander

Sorry to hear that OMC. Your welcome to come down here and hang out till it warms up!

one more cast

Captain

I'm back, Crawled under the 'ol truck and the bad line was a 5' straight piece with couplers on each end, came right apart (with vise grips ) :D . The new line, a pint of dot 3, and a can of PB blaster...$10.65. put the new line in and bled most of it at the new lines back coupling. I could hear air leaking at one rear wheel cylinder so I didn't even have to crack a bleeder to finish up. Hey its just a plow truck. I could have taken the easy way out and just crimped off the rear brakes. Driveways all done so I think I'll have another bowl of soup. SoulWinner,you better be careful what you say.