Just got my first boat

AcousticTX

Cadet
Hi all,<br /><br />I have been lurking around the board for a week or two reading all the excellent advice. I finally broke down today and purchased a 1979 Thundercraft Magnum 160 with a 78' 70HP Johnson. I'm sure I will have many questions coming up.. just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!<br /><br />Thanx for having such a great board!

crab bait

Captain
Re: Just got my first boat

welcome aboard..!! hopeya stick around.. an add to the 'show'...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome and congratulations. The best first word of advice.....Buy the manual for your motor NOW before it is needed.<br /><br />Bob :cool:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Ahoy AcousticTX..I second Bob_VT's advice on the service manual...

AcousticTX

Cadet

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm going to purchase that manual now, when I return, I got a few questions :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard AcousticTX!<br /><br />There is much to be learned here, and a fine batch of gentlemen to get to know and enjoy as friends. :)

V156

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Glad to have you on the board AcousticTX. The folks on this board are priceless when it comes to giving you info about boating. May you have many happy times and great memories on the water.<br /><br />Dutch

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

AcousticTX ,<br />I would order a "Factory Manual" from<br />below. They are much better then Clymer or Seloc! Good luck with your new Boat!!<br /><br /> Factory Manual

welcome aboard and hope you have lots of fun boating. I is a relaxing time out on the water fishing and cruising along. Good forum too and most people here are both helpful and freindly Again welcome aboard ;) :)

AcousticTX

Cadet

Once again, thanks to all that have said welcome! Thanks to bear for the link, thats a great site!