just got back from a PHILLIES game

crab bait

Captain
where they lost another to the braves..<br /><br />BOY O'BOY,, MAN O'MAN.. it's sure one nice ballpark.... it's brand new,, an sure is a beauty..!!<br /><br />so much nicer then the VET.. a 70's style 'multi-purpose ' facility.. NASTY.. <br /><br />yep, it's a real ball park,, with real grass.. has a neat BIG lited liberty bell that only when a philly hits a homer ,,the bell rocks back & forths..<br /><br />it's my 4th time up there to see 'em..an they haven't won yet..!!<br /><br />i worked on it durin' construction back in the winter... it was a baaaad job.. nasty,cold , windy an dangerous because of site conditions an shedule pressure..<br />guys where gettin' hurt left & right..<br /><br />but it sure is nice ,now..!! <br /><br />my first game was against st.louis.. <br /><br />a philly hit the ball short right.. st lou fielder made a divin' catch.. an came up with the ball ..altho a portion was exposed on the-tip-of-the-glove.. an out..<br /><br />i was standin' rite there on the first concorse an saw it perfectly.. an it was a catch in my opinion,too..<br /><br />the umps got together an overturned the call.. <br /><br />PHILLY SAFE.. BASE HIT... <br /><br />well, the place/sell out crowd as always nowdays,, WENT NUTS...!!<br /><br />i don't believe i ever seen a overturned call in baseball.. PRETTY NEET..<br /><br />by-the-way,, it was BOWA's first ever ejection in the new park , late in the game..<br /><br />an no,, the section i was workin' on is still there... it hasn't burned down yet.. :) .. <br /><br />it is pretty neat to walk by an see some conduit i ran.. shoulda put my initials on it.. :) ..

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: just got back from a PHILLIES game

What do they get for beer ther?bout 7.50 in st.louis. :p

FLATHEAD

Captain

Crab, I have not been down there yet, I did get a look at it on my way home from Jersey one day, you can look up from the surekill and see right inside the stadium. Looks real nice like you said.<br /><br />Phills are doing OK this season, but can the pitching hold up??<br /><br />While I have your ear Crabby, have you ever been to Wheaton village in Jersey? They have that glass museum, and glass blowing demonstrations going on. Also some other primitive crafts people doing their work there. Was wondering if you been, and if it's worth the trip?

crab bait

Captain

well, FIXIN.. i had to give up drinkin' for awhle.. probably for life,, i just ain't told myself that,yet..<br /><br />things are fairly reasonable..for the most part..i think..<br /><br />but i'm not the type that goes to places then spend-a-ton.. i go to the movie's ,,i never buy popcorn or candy or anything for that matter.. i buy a ticket an sit down an watch it.. not outta cheapness .. it's outta i don't need to..<br /><br />saw big coors lite for 6 bucs.. big hot dogs, 3 bucs..<br /><br />i got a big bag-o-peanuts for 3 bucs.. ain't bad,, 2 buc bag for 3 bucs..<br /><br />probably why beer cost so much in st louis.. is the shippin'cost..it's along way to haul it.. :) ..<br /><br />one neet thing about this park is the sell a general admission ( standing only/no seat ) for $10 bucs.. <br /><br />it's the best way,, who needs a seat..?? i stand on the first concourse on the first base line ..right by the camera man.. it's the best view.. for baseball an basebabes.. <br /><br />O'HOW I LOVE SPRINGTIME..<br /> <br /><br />FLAT... the pitchin' was suppose to be there savior this year an carry 'em.. but not so..bowa 's gotta be beside himself..<br /><br />the marlin's,, pound for pound is the best team in the league..<br /><br />no, i never been there.. but atempted a few times.. one time got lost in the pine barren's.. another time,i found it,,but it was wendsday an is closed on wensdays..<br /><br />i seen some of their work in a south street gallery.. i just havta get there.. it's still on my list... <br /><br />but the place you gotta go is the new constitution center in old city philadelphia.. it rival's anytin' in DC..

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

What is it about a hot dog in a big league ball park? They are usually things you would throw away if someone handed you one at home, but they seem tasty when you are sitting in the park watching the game. This is even before you have any beers.

Slammer3

Cadet

Flathead,have been to Wheatons several times. Pretty cool to watch them blow glassamd make dishes etc. It's an easy ride,right down rt 55.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Thanks Crab and slammer, I will get there this summer. Good to know they are closed on wed. <br /><br />By the way welcome to the board Slammer3

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

crab bait;sounds like a blast!I hope I get to check it out someday.oh yah ,you wouldn't think beer would be so high here with Anhiser Bush Brewery being 2 blocks away!