Just for you JB - a VERY cool post

Bored To Tears

Seaman Apprentice
This was posted on another board, a damm Yankee down in florida getting ready to go back to yankeeville ... I think they call em Snowbirds ... or worse ...<br /><br />but its a short but sweet read<br /><br />Enjoy!<br /><br /> Fished the flats for the last time this season and had the most interesting thing happen while fishing. We were in a thick scool of Bluefish when a Dolphin appeared chasing the fish on my line. When I boated the fish the Dolphin looked up at me and wanted us to feed him. I never in all my years of fishing fed a Dolphin till this encounter. :eek: He would come right up to me and get so close he would of taken the fish from my hand if I let him. :p I'd release the fish inches away form him and he'd hold it in his mouth and shake his head at me then swallow it. :rolleyes: I fed this sweet and loving Dolphin four fish and could have petted it if I wanted. Has anyone else ever had this experience? I took pictures of it but my camera is a cheapy ditigal but you can make it out fairly well.<br />Taking the Mrs. to An island today for the last boat ride on the gulf today and will put the boat away Friday and prepare to make the journey north on Tuesday. What a wonderfull winter we had and the Dolphin seemed to say goodbye to me yesterday. See you all soon. Johnny D.<br /><br />Thats a great topic BTW<br /><br />anyone have something like this happen to them?<br /><br />I always get fleeced by mooching pelicans when I go to florida, including one that was such a character that you couldnt resist feeding him fish ...<br /><br />hey! you goin after those fish?? vigorous head shake no :eek: <br /><br />Do you want one of those? head shake yes, lol, it was too funny, and consistent behavior too <br /><br /> :D :D

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Just for you JB - a VERY cool post

Nice story...got one about a mule deer, and a wapiti, but not as good as your dolphins...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You said it, BTT. A really cool post. :)

gaugeguy

Captain

I was surfing in Carlsbad, CA. I was sitting on my board out in the surf, waiting for the next set to roll in. 4 dolphins came through, close enough for me to touch a couple of them. They were totally indifferent to the me and the other surfers, they were just passing through. Much more of a thrill for us than them.<br /><br />The whole moment was ruined when a lady on the beach (my ex-wife) started yelling "SHARK, SHARK, SHARK" and 75% of the people in the water made a beeline towards the shore.

Carphunter

Commander

Well dang guageguy, she married you, so is she really that smart. :p <br /><br />Ok, that was low, I take it back. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Dumb as a fencepost ;) She looked good though :p The wheel was moving, but the hamster was dead :D