Just For Grins

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
An old farmer had a wife who nagged him unmercifully. From morning<br />till night (and sometimes later), she was always complaining about<br />something. The only time he got any relief was when he was out<br />plowing with his old mule. He tried to plow a lot.<br /><br />One day, when he was out plowing, his wife brought him lunch in the<br />field. He drove the old mule into the shade, sat down on a stump, and<br />began to eat his lunch. Immediately, his wife began haranguing him<br />again. Complain, nag, nag; it just went on and on.<br /><br />All of a sudden, the old mule lashed out with both hind feet and caught<br />her smack in the back of the head. Killed her dead on the spot.<br /><br />At the funeral several days later, the minister noticed something<br />rather odd. When a woman mourner would approach the old farmer,<br />he would listen for a minute, then nod his head in agreement; but when<br />a man mourner approached him, he would listen for a minute, then<br />shake his head in disagreement. This was so consistent, the minister<br />decided to ask the old farmer about it.<br /><br />After the funeral, the minister spoke to the old farmer, and asked<br />him why he nodded his head and agreed with the women, but always<br />shook his head and disagreed with all the men.<br /><br />The old farmer said, "Well, the women would come up and say something<br />about how nice my wife looked, or how pretty her dress was, so I'd nod my<br />head in agreement."<br /><br />"And what about the men?" the minister asked.<br /><br />"They wanted to know if the mule was for sale."

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Just For Grins

That was cute. Bet that was one pampered mule after that. No more fields for him to plow! :)

aspeck

Staff member

Read this one to "She who must be Obeyed." She said, "I don't nag." I told her I agree, but it was a pre-emptive strike. Her response? Be careful or you will see "Shock and Awe!"

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My grandfather, for Winchester, Kentucky, was a mule trader. Never heard stories about any mules like this one. But he was fairly well off, so maybe he sold a few like this old mule in the story. - :D lol :D

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Here is one for you Ladyfish.<br /> This Okker bloke (a grazier) got married. After the wedding they both travelled to his Sheep Station in the Horse and Dray.<br />When they finally made the farm gate, the horse refused to budge, so the Grazier got down and went round to the front of the Horse and said "that's once". <br />Got back in the Dray and away they went up to the farm house. There the horse again refused to do what he wanted it to do, so he went around to the front and said "that's twice".<br />After they unpacked everything, the horse again refused to move, so the Grazier went around to the front, this time with his rifle, and shot the horse dead.<br />The new wife bellowed, "what did you do that for?" to which the Grazier replied, "that's once".<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Sell the mule?!? He's priceless.<br /><br />But the farmer could rent him out and retire on the income! :)