Just bought and new to boating..dont know what i have here..cant find the specs or anything like it on the net...please help

briangcc

Commander
Umm...it kinda says on the side....Starcraft Pro Deep-V 17.

So I'd wager 17' more or less in length, aluminum, and what I'd term a fishing boat. Probably pedestal seats behind the windshield. Up front may or may not have a casting platform for another seat and/or livewell.

Probably pretty similar arrangement to other aluminum boats of the era - Sylvan, Smokercraft, etc.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Details?
Confirm Length
Never seen that style of logo/text on the side of a Starcraft. Prior owner may have added it

It's new enough to have a HIN

HIN on the transom or more importantly the paperwork will confirm its a Starcraft.

Use

Www.Hindecoder.com

Open or closed bow, looks like an open bow?

briangcc

Commander
I *Think* that was 80's styling on Starcraft. I remember eons ago taking our wreck of a MFG to a local marina that dealt in Starcraft boats. Remember the big islanders having something similar on the side.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
What does the paperwork say it is. Title/registration/bill of sale ?

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
looks like the 16' hull they made for around 30 yrs, what hp is it rated for?

jbcurt00

Staff member

Very close, just missing the drop shadow...
But that isn't a actual Starcraft logo on ebay, it's close, but not exact.

The offered Pro Deep V 17 logo isn't canted right either, that's why I don't think logo is original.

Shows original SC logos

Any remodeling/changes to the boat from OEM?

michaljacks51

Recruit
Welcome to the world of boating! It can be overwhelming at first, but don't worry, we're here to help. If you can provide more details or even a picture, the community can assist in identifying your boat and finding the specs.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
If you google the name on the boat, "Pro Deep-V 17" comes up as a Tracker. The hull certainly looks like a Starcraft, but the letters on the boat are aftermarket, and not made by Starcraft. A Pro Deep-V 17 is a center console. The OP's boat is a runabout.

Looks like somewhere along the line somebody put on some big fancy letters. Nevertheless, the HIN will tell the story.

If the papers don't have the correct HIN and year, I would consider the rig may be stolen.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Start with the paperwork, look on the drivers side of the transom (right or starboard side) and what state are you in?

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Not sure what info you are looking for besides the obvious.You bought a decent (at best) little runabout made of lightweight Aluminum,riveted(which tend to leak/seep) .From the pic looks to be in nice condition.Very lightweight boat so that little motor should push it fine.Trailer looks to be in good shape as does the mooring cover.My first 2 actions would be to do a water pump /lower unit service and check bilge pump operation and consider a 2nd pump with auto function.You probably have plenty of questions so this is the best place to ask.You may also want to do a google search on aluminum boats and sacrificial zincs.Good Luck!!! Charlie