Just a reminder...

Stratosfied

Ensign
If you are unfortunate enough to have to run a generator to your home to PLEASE make sure the meter is pulled. A lineman with Pike Electric, from Mt Aiery(sp) NC, was electrocuted Tuesday in Flomaton Al. This town is only about 10 miles away and was hit hard by Dennis. Evidently, he was killed by a back feed off a generator in the area. He was 41 and leaves a wife and two teenage sons. God Bless them all.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Just a reminder...

If you have to pull the meter in order to run a generator than it is wired incorrectly and you need to have it corrected now. You are required to use an interlocking transfer switch.

Homerr

Commander

Yep.. What Calico said...<br /><br />There is a switch that prevents this from happening.<br /><br />Sad to hear someone got killed. I hope they find whoever did it and punish accordingly.<br /><br />H.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Everyone is correct in what has been said, and it unfortunatly happens alot.... With myself being an electrician one of the first thing that was taught to me was to check for power before working on the wires.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I dont care if Jesus himself told me there is no power, I always check. Takes two seconds, and it could save your life.<br /><br />Ken

Yes, erring on the side of caution is preferable. You cannot legislate against stupidity.

NathanY

Commander

Originally posted by technostupeedo:<br /> Yes, erring on the side of caution is preferable. You cannot legislate against stupidity.
Why not? Its done all the time. Mostly by your 9th Circuit Court.

Twidget

Commander

Nate, he said legislate agains stupidity, not legislate stupidly. :)