jus bought my first boat

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: jus bought my first boat

That looks like a great trolling boat, what is the piece of plywood there for, spongy deck?

kobe24

Cadet

haha the original owners used it as like a way of getting back on the boat after they went tubing. it looks kinda rotted so i may need to replace it. do you guys think this boat will make it to catalina islands from marina del rey? anyone know a good fishfinder to get thats affordable?

TJDave

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice old boat.
I miss my old Mercruiser 165 Inline 6. That is a great motor/outdrive combo. Aside from general maintenance, the only thing I replaced was the tilt trim hoses and a coil. Very reliable.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Sounds like you got a good deal--Just remember the happiest two days in a boater's life: The day he buys his boat and the day he sells it! LOL

Enjoy it!

Catalina is what? 26 miles? On a good day, she should be capable. BUT: Put some time on the boat and engine and get to know it before taking that trip. Once she shows you that she is reliable, then go for it.

kobe24

Cadet

^sweet..yea im gonna jus stay around the harbor for now and test the engine out first. the engine fires rite up everytime :)

JBow

Seaman Apprentice

Nice old boat you got there ! You are not starting it up out of the water are you ?