Juan the smuggler

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Juan comes up to the Mexican border on his<br />bicycle. He's got two large bags over his shoulders.<br />The guard stops him and says, "What's in the bags?"<br /> <br />"Sand," answered Juan.<br /> <br />The guard says, "We'll just see about that ~ get<br />off the bike." The guard takes the bags and rips<br />them apart; he empties them out and finds nothing<br />in them but sand. He detains Juan overnight and<br />has the sand analyzed, only to discover that there<br />is nothing but pure sand in the bags.<br /> <br />The guard releases Juan, puts the sand into new<br />bags, hefts them onto the man's shoulders, and<br />lets him cross the border.<br /> <br />A week later, the same thing happens. The guard<br />asks, "What have you got?"<br /> <br />"Sand," says Juan.<br /> <br />The guard does his thorough examination and discovers<br />that the bags contain nothing but sand. He gives the<br />sand back to Juan, and Juan crosses the border on his<br />bicycle.<br /> <br />This sequence of events if repeated every day for three<br />years. Finally, Juan doesn't show up one day, and the<br />guard meets him in a Cantina in Mexico.<br /> <br />"Hey, Buddy," says the guard, "I know you are smuggling<br />something. It's driving me crazy. It's all I think about.....<br />I can't sleep. Just between you and me, what are you<br />smuggling?"<br /> <br />Juan sips his beer and says, "Bicycles."<br />_________________________________________________<br />"Would You Be Scared?"<br /> <br />I was trying to get my seventh-grade history<br />class to understand how the Indians must have<br />felt when they first encountered the Spanish<br />explorers.<br /> <br />"How would you feel," I asked, "if someone<br /> showed up on your doorstep who looked very<br />different, spoke a strange language and wore<br />unusual clothes? Wouldn't you be a bit scared?"<br /> <br />"Nah," one boy answered, "I'd just figure it was<br />my sister's date."

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Juan the smuggler

:D :D

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Remember Juan. Always examine the obvious. The best way to conceal something is out in the open. :D :D

gaugeguy

Captain

That's right, you have to check Juan thing at a time :D