Jonboat info needed

wimico

Seaman Apprentice
Recently purchased an old jonboat and I can't find any info on the triple w about it. The faded tag on the boat looks like Polar Manufacturing but the boat registration card says it is an Eagle One. 14' riveted construction flat bottom and 3' across the floor rated for 20hp.
Anyone know anything about it?

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: Jonboat info needed

What kind of info are you looking for? There are seventeen million (approximately:p) fourteen foot john boats out there and there's not much difference between most of them. That said, it could be a Polarkraft, but who knows? A twenty horse will push that boat along nicely and it should be a fun and versatile little flatbottom. Of all the boats I've had over the years I think if someone forced me to choose one boat it would be a fourteen or fifteen foot john boat. Enjoy.:cool:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

because correcting or obtaining a title/registration for a boat is incredibly difficult, at times impossible, and considering you have about the most basic boat made, best not to stick your (finger) in that beehive. Proceed with the Eagle One. Maybe it's a model line, like Chevrolet is for GM. At least you have the capacity plate on it. Any numbers on the plate and registration?

5150abf

Vice Admiral

What do you want to know about it, as Incoop said there have been a ton a small places made those boats over the years, most are not in buisness anymore and they all were pretty much the same boat, you have the tag so you know what power it will take and on a small jon like that there really isn't much more to know.

Make sure the transom is in good shape before you actually put an engine on it, on that boat you cna probably tell by looking at it if it is any good, they are super easy to replace and it would be a good idea to do so just eliminate a potential headache down the road.