Johson 88 ,, 150 VRO

rogerd8

Seaman Apprentice
I have rebiult this Motor it runs fine but run into a problem here with it sucking the fuel line flat and the ball ,,,, but have check the tank and hose nothing in either of them ... But I do have an elec. fuel pump on it thought it might be the fuel pump not letting pull threw ,, the VRO does not work maybe if there is something I should do with that thing ,,,though I do mix it 50-1 can anyone help out here Roger :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

Walker

Captain
Re: Johson 88 ,, 150 VRO

Its sucking the bulb flat. There is an obstruction somewhere. If you are sure the hose and pickup tube in the tank are good then change the bulb.

rogerd8

Seaman Apprentice

thanks for your reply but could also be the fuel pump check valve not letting fuel pass too right or wrong I don't know the check ball could be stuck cheep enough to replace I guess Roger

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

If the bulb is going flat, the pump is working. The obstruction is from the bulb forward to the tank. Could be the inlet check ball on the bulb, the vent clogged, line kinked or if its a built in tank the anti-siphon valve could be stuck.

rogerd8

Seaman Apprentice

well my son in laws boat but will tell him now there is another problem thats pop up he said it got hot on him when he ran threw some moss ,,cleaned water ports out the motor runs cool threw the pee hole but will not shut off with the key any Ideals here possible ((diode)) or some reset ,,,he said he had to disconect the fuel line and let it run out of fuel this is not a good thing besisides the fuel problem ,,Roger

red10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

just choke it out when you come up to the dock, i had the same problem and it was my powerpack