Johnson Sea-Horse 5-1/2???-part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUMBY

Cadet
Lost my topics and post for this day!<br />Anyways, my brother in-law has a Johnson Sea-Horse 5-1/2, it's running rough and I thought that I'd fix-it-up for him.<br /> I found the model #, it's CD-17, and the S/N is X2109767!<br /> Can anyone tell me what year it is, and anything else about it?<br /> Where should I start looking for the problems?, I know nothing about these out-boards!

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Johnson Sea-Horse 5-1/2???-part two

Sorry man...<br /><br />I was on here last night when the board went "ZIP TO DO DAA"... Bingo knocked me off & can't get back on under "fone_man" until Monday when "Bri" gets back<br /><br />...But to answer your question....<br /><br />CD-17 S/N is X2109767 = 1960 5.5 HP<br /><br /><br /><br />------------------<br />"Keep it between the Bouys & Good Luck"<br /><br />fone_man

GUMBY

Cadet

Thanks fone-man good to hear from you again.<br /><br /> Any idea of where I should start looking for the rough idling problems, seems to run fairly smooth when I accelerate, it also puts out some white smoke, is this normal?<br /><br />The board zapped me today, lost every thing from this morning!!! seems to be working O.K. now though!!!<br /><br />GUMBY
redface.gif

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I am inboard (Merc) kinda of guy... so I wouldn't know but from past experiences I would say burning "WATER"... only way to get white smoke/mist... Darn, dont you just hate it when JB goes on vacation!!!<br /><br />Maybe Walt, 12footer, Clanton, etc.... will get on tonite to fill you in more...<br /><br /><br /><br />------------------<br />"Keep it between the Bouys & Good Luck"<br /><br />fone_man

GUMBY

Cadet

Hi Guy's,<br /> I was gone for the weekend, out running the boat (OMC FRUSTRATION), all went better than expected!!! Anyways I wanted to bring this one back-up to the top to see if anyone else had ideas for me!!!<br /><br />Thanks Guy's
smile.gif

dockter

Recruit

Hey out there:

I need a tiller grip (rubber), Do any of you know where I can order one?
Johnson Seahorse #TD-20 Thanks
Duane

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Do a little research, Doc. You have hijacked a 9 year old thread with an off topic question. Both bad forum manners.

Click on the little box at top left that says, "Start a new topic" or something like that. Then open your own thread.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.