johnson prices

dude33333

Seaman Apprentice
hi all, im sorry if this isnt the right place to ask this. i have two 1975 johnson o/b motors. one is a 40 hp and the other is a 50 hp. they both run good. theyre not in the very best of condition but theyre alright, and one has a new composite propeller. ive decided to get rid of them, and several people have shown interest in them but i have absolutly no clue what i should be asking for them. can you all help me out? thanx in advance. <br />~eric

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: johnson prices

Hmm...they run good, but are not in the very best of condition. What's wrong with them? Are they just ugly, or do they have actual mechanical issues?<br /><br />I seem to see ouboards from that generation going for between $400-800 in my area, and those are freshwater engines exclusively.<br /><br />Different regions seem to have different price ranges for outboards. You might look on eBay and see what similar motors are selling for.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Outboard Non-repair topic.

phatmanmike

Captain

around here, in the florida gulfcoast, where outboards grow on trees it seems, you'd pay 300 for the 40hp and 350 for the 50hp.<br /><br />i bought a 73 50hp johnson for 350 and a 81 40hp for 300, thats why i say that, but then again, i also bought a 1976 115V4 for 125 dollars, runs great, just old.